56 - Logan Sargeant

Requested by  LoverforJugheadJones

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife

56: "You'll never suffer on your own again, I promise."

For the past month, there hadn't been a single day where you haven't burst into tears whenever you were alone, this including on race weekends when you would have previously been your happiest in the paddock. No one had any idea about how you were feeling, having no idea just how much your breakup was still impacting you. As you were sitting in your Carlin motorhome on your sofa with your head being buried into your hands, you were thinking about how you may have been young, but you already felt as though you would never find anyone because all boys had done in the past was use you because of who you were, the woman who many considered would be the first to reach F1. You were unable to think of anything else as you wailed into your hands, becoming unaware of what was going on around you because of how consumed you were in your thoughts and it was for that reason that you had no idea that your motorhome door had opened, your great friend and teammate,Logan being stood in the doorway, his heart breaking at the sight of you. You only noticed he was there once he had crashed down on the sofa beside you and had flung his arms tightly around you, Logan pulling you into an embrace which you gladly retuned.

"What's happened, Y/N? What have you got to cry about?" Logan asked you with concern, holding you by the shoulders as he pulled away from you a few moments later. "You qualified on pole just a couple of hours ago."

You took a shaky deep breath as you lowered your head, your cheeks flushing even more scarlet than they already were because of how embarrassed you were to admit your worries about the future to Logan in case he thought you were being stupid.

"You're probably going to think I'm being ridiculous, but I still haven't gotten over my breakup," you softly admitted as you were rapidly blinking in an attempt to stop your tears from surging down your cheeks. "I'm not still in love with my ex or anything, but because my relationships always seem to fail, I'm just worried that I'm never going to find the one, that I'm never going to be able to settle down and have a family."

Logan hugged you into his side once more at the sound of your words, you letting out a sigh of contentment as he instinctively rested his chin on the top of your head.

"You will find the one, I know it, Y/N," responded Logan reassuringly as he smiled down at you warmly. "I'll make sure that you're taken care of. There's no way I'm letting you be alone forever."

Your head sprung up as a broad smile spread across your lips, it always lifting your spirits whenever you would be reminded of just how much Logan cares about you.

"What do you mean? Do you mean you're going to set me up with one of your friends?" You asked enthusiastically, knowing that whoever Logan would have in mind for you would be perfect if they were anything like him.

"I-I think you've misinterpreted me," replied Logan nervously, it now being his turn for his cheeks to turn crimson as he was about to tell you something which he had always kept to himself. "I didn't mean I was going to set you up with someone else. I meant that I'm going to take care of you, that is if you'll let me and if you ever think there's a chance that there could be something between us."

At first, you were rendered completely speechless, not only because of how unexpected this was, but because of the sudden realisation that you liked Logan in a way which you never have imagined before. It was only in that moment when you realised why you always felt fluttery inside when you were around him.

"No matter what anyone else thinks, I know that you're one of the most kind, caring guys I've ever met and I'd love to see where things could go between us," you replied warmly as you took one of Logan's hands in yours, causing him to let out a sigh of relief because your initial silence was making him fear that you didn't feel the same.

Yourself and Logan agreed that you would take things slowly to begin with to be certain that this was going to work, but both of you were positive that you were going to be together for the long term a lot quicker than expected. You never imagined thar you would ever be able to trust a man ever again, but you couldn't thank Logan enough that he had massively changed things for you, a day never going by where Logan didn't remind you of just how much he loved you.