72 - Theo Pourchaire

Requested by GR63_f1fan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife TheOnlyL1

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of anxiety and insecurity

72: "You're the only one who I feel like I can trust. You're the only one who I feel safe around."

During the off season, you felt beyond euphoric at the thought of the upcoming seaosn, at the thought of making your F1 debut, however, now that the weekend of the Bahrain Grand Prix had passed, it being the Monday morning afterwards, you were feeling completely different. The thought of entering the paddock once again in Saudi Arabia in just four days time caused youto feel sick to your stomach because of the negative media attention which you recieved in Bahrain for being the only female on the grid, it seeming as though everyone was convinced that you were never going to be good enough. You may have still continued to feel awful that morning, but you felt so much better because you were currently in your great friend Theo's hotel room after he had insisted that you spent the night in his spare bed because of how mch he was worried about you after whitnessing you having a panic attack the night before.

You were currently laying in bed moments after you had woken up, you already knowing that this day was going to be better than the day before because because you woke up to the feeling of Theo wrappin an arm comfortingly around your shoulders after he had pearched onto the edge of your bed.

"There it is. There's that beautiful smile which I missed so much last night," said Theo warmly at the sight of the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile at the feeling of his touch. "I know you're only just starting to wake up, but do you feel any better?"

"I do now," you replied sleepily as you turned onto your side to face him, wrapping an arm around his front as you did.

Yourself and Theo chilled in a blissful silence for a few moments, both of you making the most of this quality time together, but that was until you both suddenly realised that you were not only continuing to share your embrace, but that you were enjoying it way too much. You realised this as Theo instinctively rested his chin on the top of your head, but once he did, you suddenly sprung up, sitting up beaneath your covers as Theo looked at you apologetically.

"Was I making you feel uncomfortable?" He asked guiltily as he got to his feet, standing beside your bed in order to put some distance between you. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"You've got nothing to apologise for," you replied reassuringly with a soft chuckle as you threw your legs over the edge of your be,d before getting to your feet and taking both of his hands in yours once you were standing in front of him. "I only rushed to get away from you because I thought I was going to be the one who was enjoying that way too much. I thought I'd completely gotten the wrong end of the stick and that you were just trying to be friendly."

You smiled broadly at Theo as he snaked his arms around your waist, you immediately wrapping your arms around the back of his neck as you closed the distance between your bodies.

"I've lost count of the amount of times I've held you like this, but is that really something which a friend would do?" Responded Theo as he leant his forehead down against your onw, gently nuzzing them together. "But now I really have something to be sorry for, don't I? I really wanted to do something special to tell you how I felt, rather than just blurting it out."

"Theo, you're the only one who I feel like I can trust. You're the only one who I feel safe around when it feels like everyone else in the paddock is against me and because of how caring you've always been towards me, how you always reassure me that everyone else is just jealous, of course I feel the same way and I don't need a romantic gesture for you to show me how you feel about me," you replied with a small sigh, wishing that Theo hadn't kept his feelings to himself and put himself under pressure to make things special for you, before a wide smile spread across your lips as you sat back down on the edge of the bed, pulling Theo down with you. "So, how we know how we feel about each other, how about we continue where we left off?"

"Yes, and how about we continue our snuggle as an official couple?" Theo asked you affectionately as his pupils dilated with hope.

As Theo laid down on his back and wrapped an arm around your shoulders once more as you rested your head in the crook of his neck, you didn't hesitate to agree. You descended into a blissful silence as Theo began to run his fingers soothingly through your hair as you thought about how you went from one of the worst days you had experienced the day before to the best the following morning.