648 - Pierre Gasly

Requested by luminousmoonlight

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

648: You admit the driver is your celebrity crush in an interview.

Pierre may have had an average qualifying session, qualifying in P9 in Saudi Arabia, but once his interviews and debriefs had finished, a broad smile spread across his lips as he made his way promptly back to his motorhome, everyone who had spotted him being very confused as to where this surge of cheerfulness had come from. However, it made perfect sense to Pierre, who rushed over to his sofa once he was inside his motorhome, before scrambling in his trouser pocket to grab his phone. The reason why Pierre was so excited was because he had been looking forward to the live interview which you, his all time favourite singer, were going to be doing all day, Pierre always loving listening to your voice whether you were talking or singing to calm himself down after an on track session. Pierre let out a sigh of contentment once he had pushed his earphones into his ears, loving how he was now able to shut off from the world and learn a bit more about the woman who he admired so much. He may have intended to fixate on each and every single one of your words, but at first, he was letting them go over the top of his head whilst he simply appreciated the soft, gentle nature of your voice. He soon entered a deep trance as he thought about how he not only liked you for your music, but also because of your kind and caring personality, but it was just as he was thinking about how much he was longing to meet you, that he was suddenly brought crashing back down to reality after a particular question which you had been asked.

"So, as we know, Y/N, there are millions of people all over the world who admire you and who would do anything to meet you," the interviewer began whilst Pierre nodded enthusiastically along with his words. "But I can't help wonder if there's a celebrity who you feel the same way about? I can't help but wonder if celebrities also have celebrity crushes?"

Your cheeks suddenly flushed scarlet at the sound of that question as a certain French F1 driver entered your min. You were almost going to give a 'no comment' response with the fears that it would cause him to feel uncomfortable, but because of the eagerness in the interviewers' voice, you soon decided to answer the question because you thought there would be no way that he would ever find out about this.

"Well, as you know apart from music, Formula 1 is my greatest passion, so let's just say that a certain French F1 driver, who drives for Alpha Tauri definitely makes my heart beat a little faster whenever I see him on TV," you replied coyly, your slight hesitancy to answer making you not want to directly say Pierre's name.

You felt your heartrate start to quicken at the thought of Pierre finding it out, being convinced that your answer would make him feel uncomfortable. However, Pierre felt the opposite, the Frenchman clapping a hand tightly over his mouth once he had paused the interview, feeling as though he needed silence to take your words in. Pierre believed that his ears must have surely tricked him, causing him to listen to your response several times before he could finally accept that you had admitted to people all over the world that he of all people was your celebrity crush. Rather than resuming your interview, Pierre's deep thoughts of concentration continued as he debated with himself whether to contact you or not. He knew that he wouldn't just bluntly admit that he had seen your interview, but now that he knew that you had a mutual admiration of each other, he knew that you wouldn't mind getting a message for him. At first, Pierre didn't hesitate to open Instagram and go onto your profile, but after he he had selected the option to send you a message, he completely froze with no idea what to say. He thought long and hard about this for what felt like an eternity to him, but after redrafting his message several times, he settled for:

'Hi, Y/N. I'm sorry if you think this message is random and has come out of nowhere, but I know how much you love motorsport, so I just wanted to say that I'm a huge fan of yours and that your music always helps to calm me once I've gotten out of my car. Also, I'm wondering if you ever come to race weekends? If you do, I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you and get to know a bit about you.'

After sending the message, Pierre had to take deep breaths as he still didn't think it was quite good enough. He didn't know what was wrong with it, but he was paranoid that you wouldn't like it, but a few minutes later once your interview had finished, you completely froze once you had entered your dressing room and had pulled your phone out of your pocket to see that you had a notification saying that Pierre Gasly had sent you a message. It was now your turn to overflow with nerves at the thought of him contacting you saying he disapproved about what you had said in the interview, but once you had read the message, you immediately checked your schedule to see that you were free during the weekend of the next Grand Prix in Australia, causing you to immediately book a paddock pass for the weekend since you had made the decision that would finally be the weekend where yourself and Pierre would meet.