1 - Carlos Sainz

Requested by Flummie12

Taglist
luminousmoonlight madmaxstan jadnhossler925 devinagnawnn

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of social anxiety and a panic attack

1: "Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe."

It had always been your lifelong dream to be the first female F1 driver and better yet to achieve that with your favourite team, Ferrari. In F4, you were always willing to take on any challenge that would stand in between yourself and that hopefully eventual F1 seat, but it was when you moved up to F3 with Prema, being signed by the Ferrari Driver Academy, that you realised you were going to face obstacles which you considered to be even greater than you had predicted. Rather than being about the racing, your nerves were about the off track side of things, the busy social situations to be exact.

You were the junior driver who Ferrari backed the most. You may have been their newest, but judging by how you dominated F4, they were already predicting you to be one of their stars of the future. It was because of this, that they wanted you to observe in the garage in Bahrain during the F1 sessions, which you didn't have a problem with in the slightest and were even looking forward to it, but your social anxiety started to kick in when yourself along with the Ferrari drivers themselves, the other junior drivers and many other team members were sitting together at a long table in the hospitality, the conversation being fast and flowing, everyone laughing and joking together, except you, who was sitting on the outskirts with nothing coming to your mind as to what to say.

Taking an almost silent deep breath, trying to be as discrete as possible, you forced the edges of your lips to curl up into a small smile whilst managing to nod along with the conversation in all of the right places, which you considered to be miraculous because you could barely focus on what anyone was talking about because of how out of place you felt and how you wanted nothing more than to shut yourself away in a private room with nothing more than your thoughts for company. It felt as if it would be impossible for your nerves to build anymore, but you proved yourself to be massively wrong once you noticed that not only one of the Ferrari drivers, but also your favourite F1 driver, Carlos wasn't only sitting beside you, but was looking in your direction. It was at the realisation that you clearly weren't as invisible as you had originally thought that caused you to be unable to contain your deep breaths anymore, you quickly starting to hyperventilate as you were internally searching for any excuse to get up and leave.

"If you guys will excuse us, Y/N and I are going to go for a private word," Carlos soon spoke up at the sound of you, it thankfully seeming as if everyone else was too lost in conversation to notice.

You let out a gasp of surprise as Carlos took your hand in his, pulling you to your feet as a few team members let out a few 'mhms'. His tight grasp of your hand continued as he lead you into a small meeting room nearby, you sitting down on one of the chairs as Carlos closed the door behind you. It was once he had, that your breathing become completely out of control, there being nothing you could to to stop yourself gasping for breath as tears began to stream down your cheeks. At first, Carlos had no idea what to do, but it was when he told himself that he needed to pull himself together and help the young woman in front of him that he crouched down in front of your chair, bringing himself down to your height as he planted his hands into your shoulders.

"Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe," said Carlos calmly as he suddenly wrapped his arms tightly around your neck, pulling your head down into the crook of his own.

It may have taken a few more minutes, but as his soothing voice continued to fill your ears with words of praise and encouragement, your breathing gradually began to reduce to normal. It was once it had, that you realised what was going on around you, you rushing to get away from Carlos as your cheeks flushed scarlet due to the state he had just witnessed you in.

"I am so sorry you had to see that," you spoke up quickly as Carlos got to sit feet, sitting on the chair beside you. "I really appreciate everything you've just done for me, but I can't help wonder why, especially when we've barely spoken a word to each other before."

"You looked really uncomfortable out there. I thought it would be good for me to get you out of the situation," replied Carlos warmly, causing a still small, but genuine smile to spread across your lips. "I know we've only ever greeted each other a couple of times, but from what I've seen of you around the paddock. You seem really kind and caring and I couldn't let someone like that struggle without trying to do something about it."

You had no idea what came over you, but before you knew it, you had crashed your lips against, Carlos' ready to capture them in a heated kiss, but it was just as you were about to deepen it, that you rushed to pull away, now being even more apologetic and mortified than before because of your rushed behaviour.

"I'm so sorry, how could I have been so stupid?" You asked with annoyance at yourself. "It's just that I don't think anyone's ever been this nice to me before, not that that's any kind of excuse-"

Your heart skipped a beat as you were cut off by Carlos pressing a gentle peck to your lips, both of you smiling broadly at each other once he had pulled away.

"The kiss may have been a little too soon, but I gave you a smaller one because something's drawing me to you, Y/N and I have no idea what it is," replied Carlos with serious, but whilst overflowing with warmth at the same time. "Have you ever heard the expression when you know, you know? Well, I think that's what this could be and I'll know for definite if we can spend some time together, get to know each other?"

You didn't hesitate to agree to this, Carlos being one of those few people who you immediately felt comfortable around straight away. As the weeks and moths went on, the two of you spent a lot of time together, both of you always being each other's go to person in the paddock, the person who you enjoyed spending the most time with. You may have managed to keep your hands and mouths to yourselves for a while, but you eventually gave up on trying to take things slowly because both of you had finally accepted that there had definitely been something special between you since that day in Bahrain.