130 - Callum Ilott

Requested by Formula_forever

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife TheOnlyL1

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of a minor racing accident

130: "You can't stay mad at me forever, please forgive me."

Baxk in the 2020 season, you considered the relationship between yourself and your boyfriend, Callum to be stronger than ever. For the season this fae, yourself and Callum didn't have a care in the world that you were F2 title rivals and celebrated each other's victories like your own. However, as the season progressed, you couldn't deny that the tension was building between you, but you could never have expected that there would be a boiling point.

Yourself and Callum were currently exactly how you started in the race, first and second, but now, there were no other cars in sight. You had lost count of the number of times which the two of you had switched positions, yourself and Callum having spent many moments side by side. Your adrenaline was pumping even more fiercely around your body once you had reached the final few laps of the race, there being nothing seporating yourself and Callum and you having no idea which one of you would take the win. After overtaking him once more on the final lap, a broad smile spread across your lips as you envisaged it being yourself. However, the next thing you knew, you were letting out a gasp of surprise as you were being sent spinning into the gravel after Callum had made a risky dive up your inside through a corner where overtaking would never normally happen. By the time you had reached the barriers, your car had slowed down significantly, meaning that your impact was a lot more gentle which you were anticipating. You may have been uninjured, but due to your shock, you stayed exactly where you were as you gasped for breath, it being as you were starting to calm down that you realised that Callum hadn't gotten the win either, his car being a few metres away from your own. As you watched him climbing out, you rushed to do the same thing, charging towards him as you clenched your hands into fists.

"What did you think you were doing?" You snapped, the trudging of your feet through the gravel causing Callum t whip around to face you with surprise.

"I'm a racing driver, Y/N. If I see an opportunity, I'm going to go for it," retaliated Callum with fury, before he stormed away. making sure you were nowhere near each other as you made your way back to the paddock.

You were taking repeated deep breaths to calm yourself down as you did, you being baffled as to why Callum was acting like this when it was his fault. For once, you were pleased that yourself and Callum were going to separate garages because he was the last person who you wanted to see in that moment, Callum going to Uni Virtuosi whilst you went to Prema. Both of you may have managed to calm down whilst you spent some time with your teams, your team members giving both of you their commiserations, before you analysed some data to get a better understanding of what happened. Yourself and Callum were both leaving your garages at the same time, both of you being about to go into the media pen, but now that he had calmed down, Callum rushed over to you with a strong urge to fling his arms tightly around you, but once he had reached you, he prevented himself from doing this because he thought that it would be the last thing you would want.

"Y/N, can we talk?" Callum asked you hesitantly, having a very good idea of what your response was going to be. "As a driver yourself, you must understand where I'm coming form. You must understand why I had to go for the move."

You let out an agitated sigh, before turning on your heel, ready to head to your first interview because you may have had a few more moments, but you weren't willing to listen to Callum unless he was willing to apologise. After you had took your first few steps, you let out a groan of frustration under your breath as Callum gently grabbed onto your wrist, making you turn to face him once more.

"Of course I understand that if there's a gap, you go for it, Callum, but the issue was that the gap clearly wasn't big enough. You were being reckless. I'm not willing to talk to you until you apologise for completely ruining my race." you replied with annoyance, being ready to walk away from him once more, but Callum planting both of his hands into your shoulders before you were able to move.

"You can't stay mad at me forever, please forgive me," Callum begged, it was the sound of the sorrow and desperation in his voice which caused your expression to soften. "I really am sorry about making that move. I just done it in the heat of the moment when my adrenaline was high. I'm so stupid. I should have thought about the consequences at the time. I should have thought about how it could have ended things between us."

"Who said anything about that? Who said I'm going anywhere?" You asked affectionately as you wrapped your arms around the back of Callum's neck. "An apology is all I wanted from you. Now that I have it, I'm not going to continue holding a grudge because we never let what happens on track interfere with our relationship."

He beamed at you as he instinctively snaked his arms around your waist, before he pressed a gentle peck of appreciation to your lips. Once he had, you raised your eyebrows in confusion as Callum burst into a fit of laughter, a devious smirk spreading across his lips.

"I may have my partner back, I may not be sleeping on the sofa tonight, but I know you, the racing driver isn't going to let me live this down, are they?" Asked Callum with a chuckle of amusement, knowing exactly how your on and off track selves were very different.

"You know me so well. I'm going to crush you next time on track, Ilott," you replied with satisfaction as you began to eagerly anticipate the next race weekend, the thought of beating Callum to the top step of the podium being one of the ones which you loved the most.