5,17 - Callum Ilott

Requested by Formula_forever

Taglisy
Sargeants_Wife TheOnlyL1

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of physical violence

5: "I know it hurts, but it'll all be over soon."

17; "You're the best teammate I've ever had."

As always during your European F3 race weekends, you were always full of excitement going into them. Initially on that Friday afternoon, the best kind of adrenaline was pumping through your veins as you were making your way out into the paddock after FP2. However, your feelings completely changed, your broad smile vanishing as you filled with dread at the sight of your teammate at Van Amersfoort, Callum charging towards you with blood trickling down his cheeks as well as a black eye and a swollen neck. You didn't hesitate to rush over to him, but once you had reached him, you had to stop yourself from instinctively flinging your arms around the back of his neck because of his injuries.

"Cal! What happened to you?" You asked in alarm as you settled for resting a comforting hand on one of his arms.

"Mazepin, that's what," he snapped with fury, wincing in pain as he spoke, before taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm down. "He thought it was acceptable to attack me not once but twice and all because I accidentally got in his way on track this afternoon, which is obviously never ideal, but something which every racing driver has to deal with at some point."

"I always hated him before, but now..." You began as your own rage began to boil, before it was your turn to take a deep breath.

Once you had, you subconsciously took one of Callum's hands in yours as you lead him to your motorhome, you not only intending to clean him up, but also to give him some space to vent in private around someone who he trusted and somewhere where there would be no journalists sneakily trying to listen. Once Callum was sitting in your motorhome, you pulled some antibacterial wipes out of your bag, before gently starting to dab at the cuts on his cheeks.

"I know it hurts, but it'll all be over soon," you said calmingly as Callum hissed in pain as the wipe made contact with his skin.

You hated the sight of Callum's expression whilst he was in pain, you wanting this to be over as quickly as he did, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile once you had finished cleaning him up. Once you had sat beside him on your sofa, the two of you entered a deep conversation, well it was mostly just Callum ranting at you whilst you listened and agreed with him, for example, when he was saying that Mazepin should have already been given a race ban by the FIA, rather than them currently being undecided on his punishment.

"You know something, Y/N, you're the best teammate I've ever had," said Callum warmly, his first traces of a smile finally appearing across his lips as he spoke. "I really appreciate how you've just cleaned up the blood and let me get everything off my chest."

"I'm sure lots of people would have done the same thing," you replied modestly as you lowered your head to hide how your cheeks had flushed scarlet.

"They might have done, it wouldn't have been as special because it wouldn't have been you," responded Callum sweetly, before your heart began to race as he closed the distance between your lips.

The journey may have been slow because of Callum's hesitancy, but once his lips had finally reached your own, gently landing on them, you didn't hesitate to slightly deepen the kiss to show your approval, this being something which you had been wishing for a long time and your feelings for Callum being the reason why you were so furious with Mazepin despite him having done nothing to you.

"That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me," you said softly once your lips had parted as Callum took your hands in his.

"I was only telling the truth, I'm just so sorry that it's took this to happen for me to finally tell you how I feel about you. I should have told you so much sooner that I really like you," replied Callum guiltily, before a broad smile spread across his lips as his pupils dilated with hope. "Can I take you out sometime? Can I get to know you even better away from the track before rushing into things and asking you to become official?"

"Of course you can. I'd love that!" You replied joyfully, being unable to contain your excitement because you had always wanted this day to come, but believed it never would.

Yourself and Callum may have wanted to take things slowly at first such as Callum not wanting to rush to ask you out, but before long, that plan was completely abandoned because of how certain you both were that you wanted to be together. Half of Callum may have looked back on that Friday in Euro F3, which was now six years ago, with fury because of what Mazepin had done to him, but half of him was somewhat pleased that it had happened because the way you took care of him both physically and emotionally afterwards strengthened his feelings even more for you and he believed that if it wasn't for that day, he would never have plucked up the courage to ask you out, meaning that you wouldn't currently be engaged and expecting your first baby.