5 - Lando Norris

Requested by anna131107

Taglist
devinagnawnn Sargeants_Wife luminousmoonlight madmaxstan archivebooks jadnhossler925

5: "I know it hurts, but it'll all be over soon."

It may have been a damp, gloomy day on that non race weekend Saturday, but that didn't stop your four year old daughter from bursting with enthusiasm as she entered your local park ahead of yourself and your husband, Lando. The two of you broadly grinned at each other at the sight of your daughter sprinting ahead of you, both of you knowing that she needed to get some energy out after you would always tell her that she needed to calm down and be careful in your home due to valuable items such as Lando's trophies. Yours and Lando's hearts melted at the sight of your daughter splashing around in the puddles which stained the ground, cheeky giggles leaving his lips as she did, giggles of satisfaction as she wasn't getting shouted at due to the wellies which she was wearing. However, after a few moments, yourself and Lando began to panic, rushing over to her as the rain was starting to fall heavier and she was approaching other people who she could potentially bump into. Lando was just reaching her, just being about to scoop her into his arms, but seconds before he was able to wrap his arms around her, she suddenly slipped tumbling down onto the ground on her knees. Lando's heart broke at the sight of the wails which then left her lips, tears surging down her cheeks as he crashed down beside her and pulled her close to him. The two of them stayed like this for a few moments, before Lando finally managed to hold her in his arms as he rushed her to a nearby water fountain, the edge of which acting like a seat for them both because it was a lot closer than any of the benches in the distance.

"Pass me the wipes, babe," Lando instructed you as he rolled up the trouser leg of your daughter as delicately as he was able, wincing himself as the pain caused her to do the same.

After you had gotten the wipes out of your beg, wipes which you brought because you knew that you would need them for one reason or another since you had a small child, Lando began to dab at the small cut on your daughter's knee as softly as he was able, her screams only growing louder due to the stinging sensation which this was causing her to feel.

"I know it hurts, but it'll all be over soon," said Lando calmingly as he was wiping away the last of the blood, only for a little more to trickle out.

Sitting on the other side of your daughter, putting her in the middle of yourself and Lando, you wrapped an arm around her shoulders, your fingertips soothingly dancing over her skin as Lando continued to dab for just a little while longer. Once he was done, your daughter jumped to her feet and rushed to place herself down onto Lando's lap, clinging to him for dear life because no one was ever able to cheer her up more than her daddy.

"You were so big brave, princess. I think you deserve an ice-cream," said Lando cheerfully once your daughter had buried her head into the crook of Lando's neck and had continued her sobs into it.

However, at the sound of those words, she perked up immediately a broad smile spreading across her lips as she seemingly forgot about the pain which the minor cut was causing her. Yourself and Lando smiled broadly once more as your daughter took one of each of your hands in hers, being in the middle of you both as she attempted to drag you, to make you go faster towards the ice-cream van.

"How do you always manage to do this, manage to make all of the girls in your life smile so much?" You asked Lando affectionately a few minutes later as your daughter was contently licking her ice-cream.

"That's because I love you so much, because both of your happiness means the world to me," responded Lando lovingly, whose heart sweltered with affection for you both as he looked between you.