29 - Lando Norris

Requested by madebylotti

Taglist
devinagnawnn Sargeants_Wife luminousmoonlight madmaxstan archivebooks jadnhossler925

29: "I know this sounds silly, but I can't sleep without you."

Letting out a sigh of contentment as you tucked your covers tightly under your chin, your eyes immediately began to grow heavy the second your head hit the pillow. That day had been a very busy one for you since you had been qualifying and preparing for the off season rally which you would be participating in the next day. However, just as you were about to fall into a deep sleep, your body suddenly jolted as your ringtone began to echo around your hotel room, you rushing to pick your phone up off your bedside table to see that not only your F1 teammate at McLaren, but also your boyfriend, Lando was ringing you.

"Lan, what is it?" You asked with worry, you mumbling your words slightly due to how you were fighting to keep your eyes open. "You never normally ring me this late. Has something happened?"

Your heartrate began to quicken as you heard Lando taking a shaky deep breath on the other end of the phone, you panicking more than ever that Lando was ringing to give you some sort of bad news.

"I'm really sorry to ring you so late, but I figured you'd still be awake," began Lando, his first words not putting your mind at ease in the slightest. "I kept changing my mind about whether it would be a good idea to ring you for the past few hours. Everything's fine. Well, you've got nothing to worry about. I actually feel quite embarrassed about what I'm about to tell you, but I'm ringing you because after hours and tossing and turning, I know this sounds silly, but I can't sleep without you."

Your heart then melted as a broad smile spread across your lips, Lando's sweet words whenever you were away from each other never hesitating to make you feel special and cause you to miss him even more.

"Why are you embarrassed?" You asked with confusion, pressing your cover even more tightly against yourself as if to imagine that Lando was laying beside you, you longing for exactly the same thing which he was. "Yes, I do wish you'd worry less, but I always find it so sweet how concerned you get about me when I'm doing these winter rallies since you're for once not able to be with me."

"Rallying just seems even more dangerous than F1, so I feel terrified that you're doing something so risky, rather than laying beside me," admitted Lando softly as unbeknown to you, he was clutching his covers in the exact same way. "I know you're going to come home safely to me. You always do, but I guess I just needed to hear your voice."

"Even better, how about you video call me so I can help you drift off?" You suggested affectionately, Lando instantly taking you up on your offer as this was the next best thing if you couldn't be laying beside him.

Yourself and Lando spent a brief few moments beaming at each other once you had accepted the video call, both of you taking in the breathraking view of the other, but this was until you began to fill Lando's ears with sweet nothings, reassuring him about just how much you lcoed him and that before he knew it, you would have returned him and that his nerves would have finally calmed. The sound of your voice may have sent Lando off to sleep within a matter of minutes, but you kept the call going for so much longer because the sight of how adorable Lando looked whilst he was sleeping made your heart skip a beat, you making the most of the virtual time which you had together.