92 - Dan Ticktum

Requested by GR63_f1fan

Taglist
TheOnlyL1

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of insecurity

92: "I wish you'd realise how perfect you are. I wish you'd realise that there are so many people who love you."

After your boyfriend, Dan had competed in his first few rounds in Formula E, you couldn't remember the last time which you had seen him so miserable. He hadn't been speaking to you much recently and was keeping his feelings bottled up inside. As he had done many times before, he was currently siting on your sofa in a deep trance, his expression being a hardened one. He didn't seem to notice when you sat down beside him with distance between you because you knew how short tempered Dan could be when he was like this. You had been tolerating the awkward silences which you had been plunged into, but on this particular day, it quickly became insufferable because you hated not knowing what was wrong with Dan as that meant you had no way of helping him.

"Are you alright?" You asked softly with concern as you turned your body to face his. "Don't even think of saying you're fine like you normally do because I know you're not. You haven't been for a while now."

Dan took a deep breath as he turned his head in your direction, but once he had, he lowered his head, his eyes not daring to look at any part of your body, let alone into your eyes.

"I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to worry you, but I'm terrified for my racing career," replied Dan with panic, the words barely escaping his lips because of how ashamed he was feeling. "I've now been dropped from two F1 driver academies and now and I'm definitely not going great in FE. I'm so scared that this is going to mean that my career won't last much longer and that I won't be able to provide for us. I feel like such a failure. I can't help but feel like everyone's going to abandon me just like it feels they have in racing."

After listening carefully to each and every one of Dan's words, you wrapped an arm around his shoulders as you snuffled closer to him, your heart breaking as you realised for the first time just how much he was worrying about

"You can't think like that, Dan because you're such a talented driver. Yes, things have happened in the past, but you can't let them define your future," you began comfortingly as you took one of your hands in between both of his. "And I know it feels like you've got no one in the formula paddock because two driver academies have dropped you, but the same will never be said when you're at home because you'll always have me. "I wish you'd realise how perfect you are. I wish you'd realise that there are so many people who love you. Screw the haters because myself and the rest of your family are the important ones."

Dam finally glanced up at you, the edges of his lips curling up into a small smile as he let out a sigh of relief because those words were exactly what he needed to hear. Your spirits were also lifted as you witnessed just how happier he had become after he had voiced his worries to you. It seemed like yourself and Dan had been gloomy and distant forever, but after your conversation, things instantly went back to the way they used to be, yourself and Dan spending a lot more time together talking and exploding into fits of laughter as you enjoyed the feeling of each other's affectionate embrace.