539 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by Scotlynaurora

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

539: "I stay on my side of the bed, you stay on yours. No crossing over."

It may have been expected that Haas would make a few rushed mistakes coming into the first pre season test in Barcelona because of how chaotic things were likely going to be for them, but as yourself and your driver, Mick stood at the reception desk in the lobby of your hotel, you were both in disbelief about one which the team had made, the two of you looking at each other with worry as your mouths hung slightly agape.

"I'm sorry, Miss. Y/L/N, but there's no room booked here for you. There is one for Mr. Schumacher, but not for yourself," the receptionist repeated after yourself and Mick had asked her if she was positive.

Walking away from the reception desk, you were closely followed by Mick, who rested a comforting hand on your shoulder as you let out a shaky deep breath of panic.

"What am I going to do, Mick? She said that there are no available rooms for me to book," you whispered frantically under your breath, failing to keep as calm as you would have liked.

"I'm sorry if it'll make you feel uncomfortable, but how about you share my room?" Mick suggested warmly. causing you to let out a sigh of relief as a wide smile spread across his lips.

As Mick then showed you to his room, you couldn't thank him enough on the way because you may have considered Mick to be a good friend, but you were his PR. You knew that first and foremost, you were work colleagues and you had never had a colleague be that kind to you before.

"You really don't need to thank me, Y/N. Why wouldn't I do this for you?" Mick asked with a small chuckle as he pressed his key to the lock of his door.

Due to your late flight, your eyes were already starting to feel heavy as you entered Mick's room. You were originally feeling content that you were going to be able to have a good night's sleep after all, but once you Mick had closed the door behind you both, your mouth hung slightly agape at the sight of there only being one double bed.

"I wouldn't have let you do this if I would have known that there was only one bed, but before you say anything, I'm grateful that you've done this for me, so I'll sleep on the sofa," you insisted as you sat down onto it, standing your case beside it.

"You'll do no such thing," replied Mick firmly, outraged at the thought of allowing you to do that, before he lowered his head as his cheeks flushed scarlet. "That sofa isn't long enough for anyone to fit onto. I know this sounds crazy and I know we'll feel uncomfortable at first, but it looks like we're both going to have to take the bed."

Your cheeks also turned crimson at the sound of those words, you beginning to nervously fiddle with your fingers as you realised that you didn't have any other options.

"I mean, the bed is quite huge, so we'll have plenty of space in the middle of us and that's a good job because the only rule I have is I stay on my side of the bed, you stay on yours. No crossing over," you replied sternly, before your expression softened as you remembered it was Mick who you were talking to. "Not that you would think of breaking that rule even if you knew nothing about it."

After Mick had agreed to this, you went into the bathroom to get changed into your pyjamas whilst you allowed Mick to have the bedroom. Once you had returned, Mick was already lying beneath the covers of the bed, being on the very edge of the mattress. Once you had hesitantly gotten beneath them yourself, you noticed just how on the edge Mick was, but that there was still plenty of room which he could take up.

"You don't need to be that far away from me, you know. I don't bite," you eventually spoke up with a small giggle as you turned onto your side to face him after there had been a few moments of an awkward silence.

The edges of Mick's lips curled up into a small smile as he turned to face you, closing the distance between you ever so slightly. However, once he had, Mick only began to feel more nervous, not because he hated being close to you because it was actually the opposite. It was in that moment when Mick realised just how comfortable be was around you, just how much he liked to be close to you and the thought of wanting to get even closer to you terrified him because your rule told him that you definitely wouldn't want the same. However, the exact same unprofessional thoughts were racing around in your mind, the two of you only now just realising just how much you liked each other. As you were amidst a slightly uncomfortable silence, you realised that not only did you consider Mick to be extremely handsome, but the more you thought about him, the more you realised just how amazing his personality was and that he had qualities which you would want in your ideal partner. Your eyes were closed as you thought and when you opened them, you realised that Mick's eyes were fixed to your lips, making you hope that he had experienced the exact same realisation as you did.

"Maybe we should just forget about your rule," said Mick flirtatiously, this taking you by surprise because it was unlike him to be this forward, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

"I like the sound of that," you replied warmly, before yourself and Mick gently wrapped an arm around each other as you shuffled closer to the centre of the bed.

"How is it that I'm only realising right now just how much I like you?" Mick asked sweetly as you draped one of your legs over his, both of you quickly feeling very comfortable around each other. "I've never realised before, but being this close to you has made me realise that I've got feelings for you, Y/N."

An enormous smile spread across your lips at the sound of those words because in that moment, there was nothing which you wanted to hear more.

"I never realised before either, but the important thing is that we know now," you replied contently as you snuggled your head into Mick's chest.

Due to how comfortable you both felt, all of your nerves having now completely vanished, both of your eyes were became very heavy within a matter of minutes, you beginning to doze off as Mick leant his cheek against the top of your head. Mick may have wanted to wait a little while longer to ask you out to give your feelings chance to develop a bit more, but one thing he knew for certain was that he was hopeful that you would spend more nights like this together.