607 - Theo Pourchaire

Requested by Mandolin016

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife TheOnlyLILLY

607: "You wrote me a love letter?"

Letting out an agitated sigh as you were laying in your hotel bed, you were unable to stop yourself from continuously tossing and turning as you thought about the upcoming F2 sprint race which would be taking place in a matter of hours. You may not have been a driver yourself or worked in the paddock, you may not have had any control or influence over what was going to happen, but you felt sick to your stomach at the thought of watching your best friend, Theo race. There was no way you were going to deny his offer of bringing you with him this weekend, but watching his races always terrified you because of the lingering thought in the back of your mind that he would never return to you. You considered it to be a blessing that your unhelpful thoughts were finally interrupted after what had been a few hours by the sound of rustling in the distance. Due to how you were largely unable to see, having a severe sight impairment, you swung your legs over the edge of your bed, sitting up as you fixated on the sound, trying to think of what it could be. You soon decided to follow the rustling and found yourself at your door and once you looked down to your feet, you realised that something was on your carpet, something which must have been pushed underneath the tiny crack which separated your door from the floor. After tracing your hand along the wall and feeling for the light switch, you flicked on the light, before you squinted your eyes in an attempt to see what was written on it, but just as you were about to give up, just as you were about to turn and throw the paper into the bin, you heard muttering outside.

"Pull yourself together, Theo. She won't even be able to read it. She'll never have any sort of idea that you've just sent her a letter to confess your feelings for her, so you've got nothing to worry about," Theo muttered to himself with frustration as you pressed your ear to your door.

At the sound of Theo's voice, you clapped your hands tightly over your mouth, your heart racing in the best possible way. You wanted nothing more than to fling your arms tightly around Theo and tell him that you felt exactly the same and just as he was turning his back on your room, ready to go back into his own, his body jolted at the sound of you opening the door.

"Y/N?"  He asked in shock once his body had snapped around to you, Theo's mouth hanging slightly agape at the sight of you holding his letter by your side.

"You wrote me a love letter?" You asked in amazement, being unable to muster a smile because of how shocked you were and being unable to think of anything else to say, you knowing that your only option was to be direct with him.

Theo's heart sank at the sight of you facial expression, the Frenchman nervously biting down on his bottom lip as he gathered the courage to speak.

"I-I can explain..." Theo began with panic, his cheeks flushing scarlet, before he began to stutter, being unable to get anymore words out, before you cut him off by finally pulling him into a tight embrace.

"You've got nothing to explain. This is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me," you replied joyfully, your cheeks quickly starting to ache due to smiling too much as you held him at arms length. "I heard what you said outside and you were right. I can't see it, so could you maybe come inside and read it to me?"

As Theo followed you inside his hotel room, he was still letting out shaky deep breaths, still not being fully convinced that you felt the same despite your reaction. He felt sick to his stomach as you perched on the edge of your bed, Theo taking one final deep breath as he stood in front of you.

"Y/N, my beautiful, Y/N, ever since I started to understand what romantic feelings were, I've been falling for you. My biggest regret is keeping this from you for so long, but I've just never been able to find a special enough way to reveal my feelings to you. That's why I've written you this letter. I want you to finally know just how beautiful you are inside and out, just how much I admire you because of how your joy is still infectious despite everything you go through on a day to day basis I completely understand if you don't feel the same and I would never pressure you to do anything you don't want to, but could you finally be mine, Y/N?"

Once Theo had finished reading his letter, an awkward paused filled the room, not because you didn't feel the same, but because of how unexpected this was. Theo's lips were anxiously quivering as you were comprehending his words and just as he was about to rapidly apologise for making things awkward, you were the first to speak.

"Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for you to say something like this to me?" You asked lovingly, holding your hand out for Theo for him to sit on the bed beside you. "I've always had feelings for you too, but I've never had the confidence to say anything because I thought that you, a very talented F2 driver, could never feel the same, especially since no guys have ever looked twice at me before. Of course we can finally be together!"

After crashing down beside you, Theo flung his arms tightly around you, before soon pulling away because of how sudden that was for you, but it was once he held you at arms length to see you beaming at him, he pressed his lips softly against your own, the two of you sharing your first tender kiss.

"You've got no idea how relieved I am that you feel the same. That's why I couldn't sleep and that's why I put the letter under your door in the middle of the night," said Theo with elation as he took both of your hands in his, it feeling as if an enormous weight had just been lifted off his shoulders. "Why are you awake so late?"

Due to Theo's question, it was your turn to fill with nervousness, your cheeks flushing scarlet because of how stupid you felt about the reason why you were feeling so anxious. As you took a deep breath, Theo caressed his thumbs gently over your knuckles, smiling at you encouragingly as his warm eyes met your own despite you being unable to return this eye contact.

"You're the reason why I couldn't sleep too," you shyly admitted as Theo briefly let go of one of your hands to tuck a lose strand of hair behind your ear. "Because of how strongly I feel for you, the thought of watching you race terrifies me just in case you never come back to me because if you don't, I don't know how I'll ever be able to cope."

Theo's expression hardened at your words, but rather than being because he thought you were stupid, it was because his protectiveness over you kicked in, Theo's grip on your hands tightening as he could tell that you were becoming even more terrified.

"Just remember how low the risks are of anything happening to me," replied Theo calmingly as you shuffled even closer to him, your legs now brushing up against the other's. "You know that I'm going to return to you and now because of you, I've got even more of a reason to make sure that I'm not driving too recklessly. I've just thought of an idea. It's totally fine if you don't want to and if this is too soon for you, but how about I stay the night because then you know you're safe, then you know you've got nothing to worry about."

You let out an enormous sigh of relief at the sound of Theo's words, you gazing after him dreamily as he then left your room to get his nightwear. Once he had returned and you had both changed, both of you slowly got beneath your covers, being slightly hesitant because you had never done this before, but the second Theo curled an arm around you, you felt so much more at ease, you then snuggling your head onto his chest as he rested his head on top of your own, pressing a long, lingering kiss to the top of it. Both of you had fallen asleep within a matter of minutes, thinking of nothing other than each other as you did and about how both of you never expected to ever experience this, but how thankful you were that you were finally drifting off to sleep in each other's affectionate embrace.