7 - Toto Wolff

Requested by Sissi_Styles

Disclaimer
This was written before the start of the 2022 season

7: "Stay strong for me, baby."

Throughout the 2022 season, Red Bull had picked straight back up from where they had left off, the team massively improving even further from the 2021 season and it was because of this, that your team were dominating most of the season, being the clear favourites for both championships even though you still faced competition from Mercedes. Many had credited you, Red Bull's new team principal, for their dominance this season and as flattered as this made you, it also caused your heart to sink at the same time because of the reminder of the stresses which your husband, Toto was going through in order to ensure that Mercedes would not go a second season in a row without winning the drivers' title. Part of you was bracing yourself for the heartbreak which he was going to go through, the complacent part of you getting ready to comfort him after his loss, but after reliability issues and engine penalties for Red Bull towards the end of the season and a sensational race for Mercedes during the final race weekend of the season, Abu Dhabi, it was Toto who would have to be the one comforting you.

When Lewis crossed the line in first to win the title, you felt completely numb, your heart feeling as though it had stopped as you clapped your hands tightly over your mouth. You felt nothing until you watched Lewis getting out of his car in parc ferme, but it feeling as though there was a sharp pain piercing through your heart as you watched him rushing over to Toto, the two embracing tightly as they let out excitable cheers. Since you were also in parc ferme because Max had finished in P2, Toto glanced over at you, the broadness of his smile reducing massively as he noticed the tears welling up in your eyes which you were attempting, but failing, to rapidly blink away. After he had excused himself from the celebrations, Toto rushed over to you, engulfing you in a loving embrace as he pressed your body as closely to his own as he was able.

"Stay strong for me baby," he whispered comfortingly into your ear as he ran his fingers soothingly through your hair. "I know this hurts, but you put up one hell of a fight this season."

As you melted into the affectionate embrace, you couldn't help but internally beat yourself up, you wishing you would have followed the advice which you had given to Max many times over the season, that being not to be complacent because if part of you didn't expect to win, you thought that you wouldn't be hurting as much as you were.

"Thank you for being understanding. Thank you for not rubbing it in my face," you eventually spoke up with appreciation, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile as Toto held you at arms length. "Thank you for coming over here to check on me."

"I can't stand to see you so upset, so of course I would," replied Toto reassuringly with a hint of sadness, the Austrian feeling helpless because he knew there was nothing which he would be able to say or do to make you feel better.

"Don't you sound so glum. Cheer up because I can't wait to see you on that podium," you said warmly as you forced your smile to widen.

After pressing a rushed peck to your lips, Toto beamed at you before he made his way onto the podium since he would be the one to stand on the Constructors' step. The sight of Lewis being stood on the top step may have been agonising for you, but you quickly decided that you would focus your eyes on Toto, you feeling a lot better as you did this because watching him made your heart swelter with pride. You knew that it was going to take you a while to get over your championship loss, but at the same time, you knew that you were also going to enjoy celebrating your husband's success.