618 -Max Verstappen

Requested by Jett_Joan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

618: "If our relationship can stay strong whilst we're title rivals, it can stay strong through anything,"

The end of the 2021 season may have been a difficult one for you since you had lost the title to not only your teammate, but also your boyfriend, Max, but that didn't stop you from looking forward to the season ahead, being eager to prove to everyone that you were far more than just a number two driver at Red Bull. At first, you entered the paddock in Bahrain with an enormous smile spread across your lips, you being hand in hand with your fingers entwined with Max. You loved being back amidst the cheerful atmosphere of your team, every single one of you being ready to start the season in the best way possible. The thought of the upcoming race weekend made you feel joyful and optimistic, however, that was only until you were questioned about recent headlines which had surfaced that Friday morning in the media pen.

During the interviews, you were being asked the usual kinds of questions which you were at the first round of the season such as if you expected to be as competitive as Mercedes, but one question in particular shocked you, it feeling as if your heart had stopped dead as your mood had been completely ruined.

"Now that we've spoken about your life on track and your hopes for this season, everyone's dying to know about the rumours concerning yourself and Max," the interviewer began, causing you to raise your eyebrows in confusion because you had no idea what he was talking about. "There's been a lot of talk on social media that even though things may seem to be fine on the surface, that yourself and Max privately went through a very messy breakup after he had been spotted with many other women."

"Max and I are just fine. I must have missed this because during our last few days off, we kept off social media to spend some quality time together," you replied as calmly as you were able, trying your best to hide your shock and just how hurt you had become.

Luckily, that was the final question of the interview, you then scurrying away to quickly find Max before your next one was due to start. At first, you were reminding yourself that you would never doubt Max, but it was as you were approaching his motorhome, you thought about how there had been days over the past few weeks where he would spend a lot of time out of your apartment, which you completely understood at the time because you completely believed that he was going to stream in person with Charles at his apartment.

It was as you were entering his motorhome that you took a shaky deep breath in a failed attempt to hold back the tears which were threatening to stream down your cheeks. Just as your lips were parting to speak, you let out your first sniffle, but before you were able Max suddenly rushed to his feet from his sofa, flinging his arms tightly around you, before pulling you closely into his chest.

"Babe? What's wrong? What could have possibly happened?" Max asked in alarm as he pulled your head down onto his chest.

There may have been nothing more which you wanted in that moment than his affection, but just in case the rumours were true, you rushed out of his grip, putting as much distance between you as possible.

"Don't give me that. Surely you've heard about the rumours by now," you snapped croakily, before you began to rapidly blink away your tears.

"Oh, you mean these posts?" Max asked guiltily as he loaded Instagram up on his phone only for the first thing to see to be photos of himself around lots of attractive girls. "I've been asked about them in interviews this morning, but people are making a massive mountain out of nothing. Yes, when I've been out of the apartment without you, there have been countless girls trying to flirt with me, but what the pictures don't show is that I couldn't get away from them fast enough and immediately put them straight. You're the only one of them for me."

You allowed the edges of your lips to curl up into a small smile as you took a long, loud sniff, you having never truly doubted Max, but the thought of anything happening between himself and anyone else being too overwhelming for you to bare.

"I'm so upset because I hate the thought of one of these girls ever interesting you and you deciding that you want to be with one of them," you blubbered, your heart sinking once more as made your way back over to Max, watching over his shoulder as he scrolled through the comments of one of the posts. "But it's now bothering me how people in these comments are saying that I can't be good enough, that they completely understand why you would want to look elsewhere."

With his free hand, Max wrapped an arm around your waist, firmly hugging you into his side. You allowed him to do this this time as you rested your head in the crook of his neck, Max soon putting down his phone on the small table beside you, before he cupped your cheeks in order to lift your head up and make your eyes meet his own.

"I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you, Y/N, but just think about this, if our relationship can stay strong whilst we're title rivals, it can stay strong through anything," replied Max lovingly, causing your heart to skip a beat as your eyes were finally drying. "I'm not going to let some rumours come between us, which is probably why some jealous fans started them. I know photos like that are awful for you to see, but just remember that you're the only one who will ever be right for me."

Since it was time for your next interviews, yourself and Max then left his motorhome, being hand in hand once more. The enormous smile had returned to your lips because you were once again able to look forward to this race weekend, but also because yourself and Max felt united and as though you could get through anything together.