480 - Alexander Albon

Requested by PamAndersonFan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06

480: "Fame is starting to change you and I don't like what I'm seeing. Stop this before it's too late."

When accompanying your boyfriend, Alex on race weekends, you would normally be overflowing with pride at the sight of the talented F1 driver whose fingers were entwined with your own. Well, this was at least during his first stint in the sport. Once he had returned at the start of the 2022 season, you noticed a change in him one which you heavily disliked because it was causing his former down to Earth self to disappear.

Rather than walking alongside him with an enormous smile spread across your lips like normal, you had to force a small smile on this particular day, not wanting to show your disapproval of Alex's behaviour to the world. You were disapproving of how he now had an assistant, someone who he relied on a lot more than usual, someone who he would use far more than he needed to, for example, as the two of you were talking a relaxing stroll down the paddock, Alex brought his assistant with him to carry his water bottle, something which he was perfectly capable of doing for himself. You kept quiet until you had reached his motorhome, Alex then handing his Williams jacket to his assistant as the walk had made him too warm.

"Why are you being like this?" You finally asked him with a sigh of irritation once his assistant had hung up his jacket and gave the two of you your privacy.

"Being like what?" Asked Alex casually, seeming to have no idea at all as he threw himself back onto his sofa, sitting beside you as you turned your body to face his.

"Acting like some spoilt brat, acting like the person who you reassured me you weren't when we first got together," you snapped as if it was obvious, your heart sinking at how Alex seemed to be to running to exactly the kind of person who you always tried so hard to avoid. "When you first asked me out on a date, I rejected you. I told you I want to be with someone who also had a humble background because they would be more likely to be genuine. For the past couple of years, you've managed to convince me you are, but now that you're becoming even more comfortable around me, you're seeming to drop what must have been an act all along."

Alex looked at you in bewilderment with raised eyebrows, at first having no idea what you were talking about, but it was then as he was thinking back on his actions, he realised you must have been talking about the additional use of his assistant.

"You're talking about my assistant, aren't you?" Replied Alex guiltily, at first seeming as though he was understanding where you were coming from, but this not being the case as he continued to speak. "I know you don't want to be with some rich, stuck up prat, but the thing is, Y/N, if I have things available to me such as the money to live a luxurious lifestyle and have an assistant, why shouldn't I take advantage of that?"

You let out a groan of frustration under your breath as you began to worry that Alex would never understand your point of view because of your very different backgrounds, this being followed by a deep breath in order for you to be able to keep yourself calm.

"First of all, I've never had a problem with things such as the expensive houses and cars you own because you've earned that money, but as for things such as your assistant, as well as the staff you employ in our home, I have a problem that you use then when you could be doing things for yourself. To me, it seems as if you think things such as carrying your own water bottle are beneath you. Fame is starting to change you and I don't like what I'm seeing. Stop this before it's too late because if you don't, if I don't get that caring, down to Earth guy back who I fell in love with, you're going to lose me because I'm not someone who can be bought with your money."

When you started to speak, Alex was beginning to mentally prepare his defence, but after hearing your final words, all of his own were completely lost from his mind. To Alex, it felt as though your words had sent him crashing back down to Earth, the threat of you leaving him causing him to realise how his behaviour had changed and what he needed to do to change it back.

"I really am sorry for getting too used to this celebrity lifestyle," began Alex apologetically, before the edges of his lips curled up into a small smile, one which broadened with each of the following words which would leave his lips. "Thinking of it, I miss the early days in our relationship when we would bond over activities such as cooking meals together, rather than getting the staff to do it, when we'd be rushing to make our bed because of the extra late mornings we'd have. We don't need those people in our home. How about we go back to the way things used to be?"

You beamed at Alex in disbelief as you took in his words, you having no idea that your threat to end the relationship would have such an impact on him. From that moment on, you began to notice that Alex was going back to his old ways, doing everything which was manageable for himself both on and off the track and as a result, you became even closer because the lack of staff meant that you were able to spend more quality alone time together.