14,138 - Max Verstappen

Requested by luminousmoonlight

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

14: "I've loved you since the moment I met you."

138: "All my life, you've stayed right by my side and I have no idea why."

Being perched on the edge of your bed as yourself and your close friend, Max were deep in a video call conversation, a broad smile suddenly spread across your lips as you allowed his words to fill your ears, you thinking about how lucky you were to have him as you allowed what he was saying to go completely over the top of your head.

"Y/N, are you listening?" Max eventually asked with a sigh of frustration after he had asked you if you wanted to go karting at the weekend, but got no response from you.

It was then when you were ripped out of your trance, your cheeks flushing a light shade of pink as you realised that you had been subconsciously grinning at Max like a complete idiot.

"Truthfully, I've got no idea what you've been saying, but that's only because I've been thinking about how lucky to have you. I've been thinking about how all my life, you've stayed right by my side ans I have no idea why," you admitted softly as you lowered your head, you hoping in that moment that Max wouldn't be able to tell just how flustered your thoughts had made you. "Our parents have always been close, but it still amazes me how we never drifted apart like we did with our other close childhood friends and how we've gotten even closer, how we still speak on the phone every day after all these years."

To your surprise, it was now Max's turn for his cheeks to flush scarlet, Max taking a deep breath as he knew that he couldn't go any longer without you finding out the real reason why he was there for you even more so now than ever before.

"Can I come over?" He suddenly asked you, this seeming to be very random to you, but you would never complain about being able to spend time with Max in person.

You didn't hesitate, but as Max made his way from his apartment to your own, he dragged his feet, prolonging the walk because he was becoming terrified about the words which would leave his lips when he arrived, Max taking frequent deep breaths as he walked with his sweaty palms clasped tightly together.

You let out a sigh of relief when you finally heard Max knocking on your door at last since you had been starting to think that he wasn't coming. When you opened it, you flung your arms tightly around his neck without thinking anything of it, you being surprised at just how overjoyed you were to see him as he held you at arms length, but your heart sank once you noticed his serious, hardened expression.

"I know it might seem random that I came here, but I did because we desperately need to talk," said Max urgently, causing you to start to panic as you lead him into the living room.

Once you were inside, Max sat on the opposite end of the room to you, being as far away from you as he was able because he was convinced that you would hate him after hearing what he had to say.

"I really hope you're not going to run a mile after hearing this," he said nervously, causing your heart to race as you were really starting to freak out now. "I'm just going to be straight with you because of how much I've needed to get this off my chest for a long while now. I've loved you since the moment I met you," began Max hesitantly, rushing his words slightly as your mouth hung slightly agape because those words were certainly ones which you never expected to hear. "I've loved you since I was four years old and held you in my arms for the first time a few days after you were born with the assistance of my dad. I may not have really known what I was saying, but I promised you that day that I would always protect you. I know I was only very young, but I've never been more serious about a promise I've made in my entire life. Then, as I got older and began to know what romantic feelings were, I'd never been more overwhelmed since I'd gone from loving you like a sister to something so much more."

Max had been keeping this to himself now for two years, ever since your eighteenth birthday when he wanted to tell you, but was unable to find the courage. It was because of this, that he felt as though an enormous weight had been lifted off his shoulders, but he was still feeling sick to his stomach since he thought that his heart was about to be completely shattered. The few moments which followed where your hands were clapped tightly over your mouth felt as though they had lasted an eternity for Max, but once you had finally removed them to reveal the widest smile which he had ever seen, he beamed at you as he rushed over to you, crashing down beside you and not hesitating to capture your lips in a passionate kiss because your physical reaction told him everything he needed to know.

"I've always loved you too, Max, but I thought you'd never feel the same because of all the other girls you've been with instead of me," you replied with slight sadness, your heart aching slightly at the memories of seeing him with other girls.

"Have you never realised why every single one of those relationships would never work out? It was because I was trying my hardest to move on from you, but there was absolutely nothing I could do to make me stop loving you in this way," Max responded warmly as he cupped your cheeks, you tilting your head to the side slightly to lean into his touch. "When you said to me that you were thinking about how lucky you are to have me, I couldn't work out whether you were trying to flirt, but I knew I had to finally tell you how I feel because of the off chance that you were."

"I couldn't decide whether I wanted you to know that I was flirting, but I'm so glad you did," you replied affectionately as yourself and Max tightened your arms around each other.

Max slouched back on the sofa as you buried your head into the crook of his neck, the two of you tingling with excitement from head to toe as you were both thinking about the exact same thing, both of you wondering what the future would have in store for you both because you knew just how amazing you were going to be together.