3 - Felipe Drugovich

Requested by drugo_babe

Taglist
drugo_babe

3: "Just kiss me."

Yourself and your great friend, Felipe already thought it was going to be a daunting experience attending the FIA gala, but it was only once you had arrived, that you realised just how much the situation had put you out of your comfort zone. You came into the event being completely unprepared for the blinding camera flashes which seemed to surround you outside of the venue, you taking frequent deep breaths as yourself and Felipe stopped for photos along the line of paparazzi. Knowing that you weren't used to this, Felipe thought nothing of it as he wrapped a comforting arm around you, but he would immediately come to regret this as the camera flashes became even more frequent whilst reporters scrambled to scribble down notes at the sight of you being together.

"Felipe! Yourself and Y/N never show physical affection in public, so now that you are, how about you give her a kiss for us?" One of the reporters called out eagerly, causing Felipe's cheeks to flush scarlet.

The slight awkwardness which had formed between you worsened as multiple reporters began to pressure Felipe into kissing you for a photo. Since Felipe brought you almost everywhere with him, you were both used to everyone assuming you were a couple, but you had never been put in such an uncomfortable position before and just as you were feeling as if it was becoming unbearable, wanting nothing more than to run away as your heart was violently pounding against your chest, Felipe finally spoke up.

"Why can't you guys just finally accept that Y/N and I are just close friends?" Felipe asked with slight annoyance whilst trying to remain as calmly as possible. "We've been telling you this for the past few seasons!"

"Because we know you're doing a terrible job of pretending you're not together!" A reporter called out in amusement, this causing both of your expressions to harden even further because he seemed to be extremely enjoying this.

As yourself and Felipe got closer to the entrance and continued your way down the line, it seemed as though every single reporter was demanding that yourself and Felipe show some PDA. It was making you both feel pressured and trapped and you eventually came to the realisation that there was only one way out.

"Just kiss me," you spoke up with a small sigh, stopping in your tracks, which caused Felipe to do the same. "That's the only way this is going to go away, isn't it? Let's just give them what they want and then maybe they'll focus their attention on someone else."

Felipe's mouth hung slightly agape as he looked at you in astonishment, those words certainly not being ones he expected you to hear. In that moment, the idea of kissing you completely disgusted him because of how much he had always loved you like a sister, but he knew that you had a great point, that you would be left alone once the media had what they had been wanting for so long. After the brief, but awkward pause which fallowed your words, Felipe suddenly cupped your cheeks, turning your head to face him, before his lips softly landed on your own. The kiss may have only been a gentle peck, but once your lips had detached, both yourself and Felipe were unable to prevent broad smiles from spreading across your lips as you suddenly felt very fluttery inside, your heart continuing to race, but this time, in the best possible way. As you continued on your way inside, being almost at the entrance of the venue now, reporters whooped and cheered, many of them claiming that they knew you were together all along. As you disappeared inside, Felipe surprised you by taking your hand in his, that and the warm glance he gave you being all you needed to know that he felt the same as you, that he had also had the sudden realisation that everyone had always been right, that you did belong together, both of you entering the venue desiring something so desperately which you had previously never given a second thought.