497 - Sebastian Vettel

Requested by Scotlynaurora

497: "You've never driven in a fast car? Well, let me change that." 

When your boyfriend of a few months, Seb had invited you to one of his race weekends for the first time, you may have only known very little about motorsport as you didn't know anyone else who followed it, but that didn't stop you from entering the paddock with enthusiasm. Before meeting Seb, racing had never crossed your mind, but the more you thought about it, the more you loved the idea of it and the more eager you were to learn about it to allow you to be able to better support Seb. It was because of this, that you were continuously engaged in conversation in the Aston Martin garage, team members being eager to explain the world of F1 to you and you hanging onto their every word. The more you were hearing about F1, the more curious you became as to what it would be like to be in an F1 car, you having no idea that would become your reality by the end of the weekend.

"As I said, before meeting Seb, I didn't know anyone who was involved in motorsport, so I've never driven a fast car before," you told a team member with slight disappointment just as Seb was getting out of the car once FP2 had finished that Friday afternoon. "I'm not from a very privileged background, so until I got with Seb, I'd never seen any sort of fast car in person."

As you spoke, you didn't realise that Seb was slowly making his way over to you as he concentrated on your words. It was only when you turned to walk away from the team member, that your body jolted at the sight of him since you hadn't so much as heard his footsteps.

"You've never driven in a fast car? Well, let me change that," he responded with enthusiasm, his eyes illuminating at the thought of experiencing what he loved the most with the woman who he was falling for. "By the time the weekend's over, you won't be able to say that anymore."

"What do you mean?" You asked with confusion as you raised your eyebrows since you had started to get an idea of just how busy Seb was during race weekends. "You've got so much to do and all of your cars are back home."

"Just leave it with me," replied Seb cheerfully, pressing a gentle peck to your lips, before enthusiastically making his way out of the garage without another word.

For the next few hours, you were left wondering about how Seb was planning on letting you drive a fast car at some point that weekend, but the wait was finally over that evening just as you were both about to leave and head back to the hotel.

"You won't just be driving any fast car tomorrow, Y/N. How does a two seater F1 car sound?" Seb asked you with excitement, wrapping an arm around your shoulders as you were heading out of the paddock.

You were in complete disbelief and your first thought was that he was joking, your shock causing you to stop in your tracks as you gazed up at him with surprise, your mouth hanging slightly agape.

"If you agree, we're driving first thing tomorrow morning before FP3 and Sky want to film it for a feature for the pre-race show on Sunday," Seb continued as he tried to limit his joy, trying not to get his hopes up that you would agree.

However, you agreed to this without any hesitation. A large part of you may have been terrified now that driving an F1 car was going to become a reality for you, but you knew that rejecting Seb's offer wasn't an option because you knew that this was not only a once in a lifetime experience, but a rare experience that very few got to have.

The time between that moment and early the next morning dragged on for you, you being unable to decide whether you were more nervous or excited. It was once you were changing into racing overalls, that you went with nervous, you even considering not doing it at all, but then reminding yourself of just how fortunate you were to have the experience. The adrenaline was already fiercely pumping around your slightly shaking body as you approached the dual F1 car.

"You've got nothing to be worried about because yes, you'll have control in the front, but I'll be sitting right behind you in the back to take over to correct any mistakes," said Seb reassuringly, engulfing you in a comforting hug once he had heard you letting out a shaky deep breath. "You know that I'd never let anything happen to you, don't you?"

You took a final deep breath, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile as you nodded assuredly, that reminder being exactly what you needed for your nerves to be calmed ever so slightly. Minutes later, after getting into your helmets and balaclavas, Seb was in control as you were creeping down to the pitlane, this being because of its narrow nature, but he let you take over once you had emerged onto the start finish straight, your heart feeling as if it was going to beat out of your chest as you reached your first brake zone. You may have hit the brakes a little too early, but you were pleased with yourself that you had managed to successfully get around the corner whilst staying on track. You continued this way for the rest of the lap and at times, it was nearly impossible for you to show just how worried you were when you would almost go off, but you kept your emotions under control because you were well aware that everything you said was being recorded for the feature. However, after your first few laps, your pace was beginning to increase as you gained confidence.

"You're doing so well, Y/N. You're a complete natural! You don't need me here because you're doing amazingly on your own," Seb spoke up with praise, the word 'natural' making you swelter with pride.

By the time your session was over, you certainly felt as though being in an F1 car was where you belonged, you starting to wish that you would have discovered it much earlier. At first, part of you thought you were going to hate the experience, but you loved it more than you ever thought possible.

"Did you love that as much as I did?" Seb asked you joyfully once you were out of the car, the German running his fingers through his helmet hair.

"I did. You're so lucky to get to do that as your job," you replied with a small whine of jealousy as you were gasping for breath. "If I wasn't becoming one already, I'm definitely an F1 fan now."