32 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by archivebooks

Taglist
Garrixer_06 archivebooks miaweston424 jadnhossler925

32: "I can't stop looking at you."

You were already feeling ecstatic on the weekend of the 2021 Italian Grand Prix because it was the first F1 race weekend which you were attending. You may have only had general admission tickets, you may not have a proper seat and may have to just settle for sitting on the grass, but you still couldn't imagine that your weekend could get any better. However, on that Sunday morning, you were proven massively wrong.

Standing at the back of the lift in your hotel, you rolled your eyes and let out a sigh under your breath as you came to a stop, the doors pinging and opening on a floor on the way to the ground, meaning that someone would be getting in with you. However, once the man had walked in, your eyes widened with surprise, you needing to blink twice because he looked very similar to your favourite driver, Daniel Ricciardo.

"Morning, I see you're wearing my team's T-shirt. You've made the right choice," he said cheerfully, those words and the Australian accent confirming to you moments later that you were currently in a lift with the man who had always been your biggest celebrity crush.

"Danny Ric?" You asked with amazement, beaming at him as his warm eyes met your own. "Hi! I'm Y/N and let me just say that I'd definitely consider you to be my favourite driver."

Yourself and Daniel then got into a small conversation, but unlike usual when you were forced to make small talk with someone, it wasn't painful. It felt the exact opposite and was very natural.

"I really don't think I am going to win this afternoon, but I really appreciate you believing in me," responded Daniel with appreciation as you were walking into the lobby of the hotel together after you had told him about your gut feeling that he was going to be on the top step of the podium later that day.

"Well, I've put money on this. I'm so confident that I even have a bet going on with my dad back home," you replied with assurance, before you looked slightly nervous because the realisation then hit you that you could potentially lose some money, albeit a small amount, but you were extremely competitive.

"I'll definitely have to make sure that you're not going to lose your money then," responded Daniel with a slight chuckle of amusement, before the two of you parted ways.

As the day went on and the race began, you were slightly losing your confidence, the reality hitting you that your team didn't have a race winning car and that this would be one of the few times where your gut instincts were going to fail you. However, come the end of the race, you were left in complete and utter shock and disbelief when Daniel did cross the line in P1 to win his first race for McLaren. Your cheers may have echoed around the track louder than anyone else's since you were surrounded by Ferrari fans, but due to your elation, you didn't have a care in the world about standing out because of how much belief you had in Daniel, you always believing that he would achieve successes at McLaren despite his start to the season.

The next thing you knew, you were back in your hotel, but you were also joined by hundreds, if not thousands of fans, who weren't staying there and were eagerly anticipating Daniel's return. Due to the amount of people who had entered after you, you had almost been backed up completely out of the lobby, you almost being squished up against the lift where yourself and Daniel had met that morning, but with your best efforts, you were able to get a small glimpse of him when he had entered, cheers erupting around the entire lobby, the sound of which forcing you to clap your hands over your ears. You may have been able to somewhat see Daniel, but as you were looking in his direction, you couldn't prevent your heart from sinking as you witnessed him chatting to the excitable fans who were able to reach him first, you not only wishing it was you, but also being gutted because of how you were convinced that even if you could get to the front, that there was no way he would remember one random, ordinary fan. However, your pupils had soon widened with surprise at the realisation that Daniel was looking straight at you, smiling at you even more broadly than he was that morning. He may have been engaging with the other fans to be polite and because he was appreciative of their support, but he felt himself becoming so much more happier when he had finally reached you once most of the fans had left the lobby.

"Sorry about that, Y/N, but I've finally reached you," said Daniel warmly, your cheeks quickly starting to ache due to smiling too much as he suddenly wrapped his arms tightly around you, pulling you into a tight embrace. "I'm sorry if you think I'm being too forward here, but let me just say that I can't stop looking at you. There may have been so many people in between us, but as I looked among them, I spotted you straight away."

"Really? You couldn't stop looking at me?" You asked in surprise, you almost being in disbelief, but knowing that Daniel wasn't the type of guy who would lie to you.

"I haven't been able to stop thinking about you all day. I haven't been able to stop thinking about what you were saying to me and knowing just how much you believed in me was what motivated me to win today," replied Daniel warmly as he reached into his pocket to grab his phone. "Not only that, but from the second I walked into that lift, I noticed how stunning you are and from the second I left, I couldn't help but wonder if you have the personality to match. I'd love to get to know you, so could I have your number?"

You didn't hesitate to pull your own phone out of your pocket, giving Daniel your number and putting his into your phone. The two of you couldn't stop smiling as you did this, Daniel not wanting to leave you once he had, but knowing that the team would be expecting him for their celebrations. Before he left you, he quickly looked over his shoulders to make sure that not too many people were watching, before he pressed a gentle peck to your cheek, leaving you standing exactly where you were questioning if anything that had just happened was real because you could never have imagined that it would be possible for your biggest dream of being with Daniel to ever have the chance of becoming a reality.