647 - Lewis Hanilton

Requested by tcr_lover

Taglist
patka_1311

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush during an interview.

Before the race in Bahrain, you were filling with excitement at the thought of the F1 live post race show which you would be co-hosting later that evening because you knew that some of your fellow F1 junior drivers had gotten so much enjoyment being the interviewer for once rather than the interviewee. However, now that you were in the midst of interviewing drivers, alongside Rosanna Tennant, you were feeling as though you were forcing the smile to remain spreading across your lips. As happy as you were for the other drivers, you couldn't help but feel deflated at the thought of some of them having such amazing races such as Kevin and the Ferraris, but being a Mercedes junior driver, you were feeling disappointed that the team had made it clear that you wouldn't be celebrating similar succeses in the near future.

Yourself and Rosanna were amidst a discussion about how much Ferrari had improved over the winter and it was as you were, that you started to think about how you needed something to massively boost your mood, but just as you were thinking about how this wasn't going to happen, you noticed that one of your drivers, Lewis was making his way towards you, a broad smile spreading across his lips as his eyes widened with surprise at the sight of you being stood behind the desk with Rosanna.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" Lewis asked you warmly with shock, rushing around to the other side of the desk and flinging his arms tightly around you in a brief embrace. "I had no idea you'd be co-hosting."

"Hi, Lewis, it's lovely to see you, but what's even more beautiful to see is your strong friendship with Y/N. We always love to see you both together because it is proof that age is just a number and doesn't get in the way of friendships," said Rosanna warmly as she reached under the desk to grab a mictophone. "I know you weren't scheduled to be on here, but do you fancy a quick chat? If you're up for it, I'll just stand back and Y/N will be able to demonstrate her amazing interviewing skills."

Lewis glanced over his shoulder at his PR, being unsure about whether he had time before his next interview, but once she had given him a gentle nod, he beamed at you because he didn't want to pass up this opportunity to not only spend some time with you, but to also be amazed at yet another skill which you had gained.

"So, Lewis, as we both know better than most, the team are massively underperforming, but considering this is the case, how do you feel about finishing in P3?" You asked with genuine curiousity as you thought to yourself that if a result was good enough for Lewis, it would be good enough for you. "Were you expecting to be on the podium this weekend? Did the thought so much as enter your mind?"

The reminder that the team were underperforming caused Lewis' eyes to briefly fill with sorrow, but because of the sight of you standing acros from him, his wide smile had fixed to his lips as his eyes warmly met your own whilst his lips were about to part.

"Of course the podium was on my mind, but I didn't think we stood a chance of getting on it, so I'm really happy with this result. It's an amazing one for where I think we're at right now," responded Lewis optimistically as you discretely lowered your head because you were well aware that the sound of the voice which you found so alluring was causing your cheeks to flush scarlet.

Your heart started to race with the fears that you were sounding too flirtatious in case the fans picked up on your hidden feelings for Lewis before you had confessed how you felt to him. In thatt moment, you may have been feeling the most nervous which you had for the entire show, but as you asked Lewis more questions, you quickly felt more at ease, it soon feeling as though you were the only two people there, having a casual conversation about eacing as you had done countless times before. Throughout the interview, your confidence was growing and when you knew that time was running out, you plucked up the courage to ask Lewis a very different question, something which you finally had the opportunity to ask without it seeming completely random.

"Before we let you go, I know just how tough the off season has been for you and how difficult it must be now knowing that the car isn't where you want it, but do you have good support around you?" You asked warmly, trying your best not to show that your nerves were once again increasing at the thought of what Lewis' response could be. "Do you have the support of your family? Do you havr the support of maybe a special someone?"

"Special someone?" Lewis repeated with a soft chuckle, his cheeks quickly starting to ache as he contineud to smile broadly directly at you. "If I'm honest I don't have anyone because I'm trying to pluck up the courage to ask out the woman in front of me."

Due to how your conversational interview had caused Lewis to aslo feel relaxed and completely forget where he was and what he was doing, he finally gained the confidence to confess his feelings to you, but once he had, becaue of how unexpected it was yourself and Rosanna fell completely silent, both of you looking from each other to Lewis with your mouths hanging slightly agape.

"Hold on, Lewis, have you just admitted for the first time in front of thousands of people that Y/N Y/L/N is your celebrity crush?" Asked Rosanna in astonishment, being in complete disbelief about what she had just heard.

"Oh, crap!" Lewis muttered with panic under his breath as he claped his hands tightly together, his sweaty palms fforcing them to stay together. "Yrs, I did just say that. I can't believe I just did that. I'm so sorry, Y/N."

Yourself and Lewis professionally wrapped up the interview as if nothing had just happened. Once his PR had lead him away from the desk you were standing behind, the rest of the show dragged on because the only place you wanted to be was to be reunited with Lewis. Once it had finally finished, you rushed towards your team's area of the paddock in an attempt to find Lewis, but you let out a groan of frustration under your breath at the realisation that he was heading to the media pen, the two of you sharing a small smile as he noticed you, but you had to force the edges of your lips to curl up because you hated the idea of it going even longer before Lewis finally found out that you felt the same and that he had nothing to apologise for.