534 - Pierre Gasly

A/N: So sorry if this was terrible. I was struggling to come up with ideas.

Requested by Jett_Joan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

534: You and the driver are racing together at Le Mans.

After having just completed your first stint in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, a broad smile was spread across your lips from ear to ear after you had just gotten out of your car. It had always been one of your racing ambitions to compete in this legendary race and being a rallycross driver meant that you were in the pro am class, which had lead to you meeting a lot of professional drivers from other motorsport series who you had only ever seen on TV before. One of these drivers was F1 driver, Pierre Gasly, whose garage was the one next to your own. The two of you had gotten out of your cars at the same time and despire it already being clear that your teams were each other's greatest rival, Pierre still made his way over to you once you had both removed your helmets and balaclavas.

"Great first stint, Y/N! If I'm going to be just narrowly beaten by anyone by the end of this, I'm glad it's going to be by you and your teammates of course," said Pierre kindly, quickly adding the last few words as he gave you a pat on the back. "Let me just say that you're the mean reason why I've been following rallycross this season. I'm more interested in seeing your talented driving rather than the sport itself."

You lowered your head as your cheeks flushed scarlet, it amazing you how someone could be so complimentary towards someone who they barely knew. After quickly pulling yourself together, yourself and Pierre descended into a deep conversation about how much you admired the other as well as your love for racing in general, the two of you discussing your journies of how you had made it to the highest category of your respective sports. Both of you became lost in conversation until you were eventually called into your garage, you losing track of time and realising that you had to have discussions with your team whilst one of your teammates was in the car.

Roughly four hours later, it was your turn to get back into the car once more and it was as you were that Pierre was doing the same thing. The gap between your two teams had closed even more and despite your competetive nature and willingness to win, you couldn't help but briefly wish Pierre good luck and hope for the best for him. The rivalry continued until the last lap of the race, but even though it was your team that came out on top, that didn't stop Pierre form pulling you into a tight embrace oncd you had both made your way out of your garages, the two of you having gotten to know each other better over the course of the race.

It was noticable that you were spending a lot of time together afterwards, being two of the last drivers to leave despite how exhausted you were, but it was just as you were about to leave, that you became thankful that no one else was around as Pierre leant in and left a gentle peck on your cheek, sending the best kind of tingles shooting down your spine.

"So, you're still coming to some of the Grand Prix in the next few months, aren't you?" Pierre asked you eagerly as you were about to get into your respective cars to drive to the hotel.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss being able to cheer on one of my favourite F1 drivers," you replied warmly, a wide smile being spread across your lips as you drove away moments later because of how mucb you were eagerly anticipating the next time yourself and Pierre were going to see each other.