73 - Dino Beganovic

Requested by ma_tiilde

73: "Will you pretend to be my girlfriend?"

Chilling on your bed in the Ferrari Academy dorms that evening as you scrolled through social media, your body jolted slightly as you heard gently tapping on the other side of your bedroom door. This caused you to let out a few chuckles of amusement because unless they knew you would be changing, you were that close to all of your fellow FDA drivers that none of them ever felt the need to knock.

"Come in?" You called with confusion after a few moments, once you had realised that the gentle knocking wasn't just in your imagination.

The door slowly creaked open to reveal that your great friend, Dino was standing on the other side of it, his head being lowered whilst he anxiously fiddled with his fingers as he walked in, stopping at the foot of your bed and not daring to get any closer to you.

"Are you alright?" You asked with surprise, you having never known Dino to be this shy, especially around you. "You're acting a bit strange."

"Well," Dino began almost inaudibly, before the words which he was about to say completely disappeared from his mind due to the nerves which he was feeling, there being a long, awkward pause before he began to speak once again. "As you know, there's been a lot of talk about us lately, a lot of gossip about how we always visit each other's rooms to spend time together. I'm sure you've heard the rumours about us being together and my PR keeps saying that a relationship will bring about good publicity and therefore attract more fans and sponsors, so I came here to ask, will you pretend to be my girlfriend?"

Your mouth hung slightly agape as you took in those words, an uncomfortable silene filling your room as your mind had gone completely blank, you having no idea how to respond to this. After a few moments, you thought you had reached your decision, you thought you were going to deny Dino because you would never do anything just for media attention, but then you eventually changed your mind as you realised that you would be helping a great friend.

"Fine, I'll do it, but you know I don't like faking things for media attention," you repleid with a small sigh.

Your words had barely left your lips when Dino flung his arms tightly around you, repeatedly thanking you as he held you as closely to him as he was able.

"So, should we announce this 'relationship'?" He asked with slight awkwardness once he had pulled away as he looked between yourself and your bed. "How about we take a photo of us cuddled up and announce it that way?"

You always enjoyed an embrace off Dino, but this one was different, you feeling uncomfortablr as you both laid on the bed because of how forced this was. Yourself and Dino glanced at each other nervously, before he wrapped an arm around your shoulders, holding you closely to him as you rested your head in the crook of his neck. As he took the photo, Dino leant his chin against the top of your head and once he had taken it, you let out a gasp of surprise as you suddenly felt him placing a delicate kiss on the top of your head, but rather than being one of repulse, it was one of shock because of the sudden butterflies in your stomach, the affection making you realise just how much you did like Dino even if it wasn;t genuine.

"I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me!" Responded Dino apologetically, rushing his words as he removed his arm from you, scurrying to get as far away from you on the bed as he was able.

"So, you didn't mean that? You regret it?" You asked with sadness as you hesitantly scooched closer to him. "I'm actually so glad you did that, so glad you asked me to pretend to be your girlfriend because this whole thing has made me realise just how much I like you."

Before Dino was able to respond to the confession which you had just blurted out, your heart pounding against your chest the entire time as it felt as though you were unable to prevent those words from leaving your lipsn, you crashed your lips against his in a heated kiss, letting out a sigh of relief amidst the kiss as Dino didn't hesitate to deepen it. Once he pulled away, you both beamed at each other, before the smile suddenly vanished from Dino's lips as the colour vanished from his cheeks.

"Maybe I lied. Maybe my PR has nothing to do with this and I've always liked you in that way, but have just been too nervous to ask you out," he shyly admitted as he lowered his head, being ready to rush to get away from you once again because he didn't think you would want him anywhere near you.

"You know I late liars. You know how much I value honesty, but maybe this lie was for the best because without it, this may never have happened. If you promise never to lie to me again, how about we give things a go for real?" You asked hopefully, your pupils dilating as you gazed up at Dino with addoration.

"I promise and there's nothing I've wanted more for a really long time," replied Dino warmly, before he hurried to post the photo of the two on social media, but rather than announcing a fake one, announcing your real relationship.

You snuggled your head into his chest with no awkwaedness or discomfort whatsoever as you watched the comments coming through, yourself and Dino feeling euphoric at the realisation that others were overjoyed with you, many saying that you made a great couple and that you knew your relationship would go on to be a long term success.