614,643 - Pierre Gasly

A/N: I only realised after I'd written this that I seem to have already done this request🤣

Requested by V8Fan4eva

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

614: "Everyone is going to have one hell of a surprise in the paddock when they learn we got married in secret."

643: "Don't let anyone tell us we're too old/young to be parents. I won't let the fans, the media or anyone else ruin our joyful news."

Attending race weekends with Pierre may have always been one of your favourite things to do, but this was especially the case now so more than ever because not only were you very happily married, but you loved the way that those in the paddock would interact with your six year old son, many people telling you that the aspiring F1 driver made their day whenever they would see him. Your son would always spread infectious joy around the paddock, causing broad smiles to spread across everyone's lips. However, whenever this happened, you couldn't help but think back to the year he was born when things were completely different, many people judging yourself and Pierre for making the decision to get married and have a baby at twenty years old.

You remembered the day which you brought your son to the paddock for the first time as if it was yesterday, yourself and Pierre both feeling sick to your stomach in your hotel room that morning because not only would you be introducing your son to the world of F1 for the first time, but you knew just how shocked people were going to be at the sight of the wedding rings on your fingers because you had just got married in secret, only telling your families and close friends because both of you were fearing the inevitable judgement and both of you wanted to be able to enjoy your special day without needing to worry about the opinions of strangers.

"Don't be so nervous about this. Just think of it as being any ordinary day in the paddock. Surely people will be more interested in the racing than in our private lives," said Pierre comfortingly, breaking the silence which had descended upon your hotel room as you were looking between your wedding ring and your son, the Frenchman knowing exactly what you were thinking.

You wanted desperately to believe those words, but you knew that there were many fans, female fans in particular who were greatly interested in the driver's personal lives. As much as you appreciated Pierre's effort to make you feel better, the thought of entering the paddock that Friday morning still continued to terrify you, it feeling like the first race weekend which Pierre had ever brought you to all over again.

"We already know that people think we're too young to be parents because of social media. Imagine how much more hate we're going to get when they find out that we're also married," you responded with panic, before needing to take repetitive deep breaths as you began to fiddle with your wedding ring, contemplating taking it off whilst you were in the paddock. "Everyone is going to have one hell of a surprise in the paddock when they learn we got married in secret."

"Please don't do that, baby," Pierre practically begged, taking your left hand in his as you were about to remove your ring, Pierre gently pushing it back down your finger to where it belonged. "I'm nervous too, but we can't let our critics win. We've got to walk into that paddock with our heads held high to show everyone that we may be young, but we are still a strong, united couple who are in love. Don't let anyone tell us we're too young to be parents. I won't let the fans, the media or anyone else ruin our joyful news."

The assurance in Pierre's voice was what managed to slightly calm your nerves, you knowing that he couldn't be more right, the most important thing being that you were both overjoyed, you realising that what anyone else thought about your life choices was insignificant.

A short while later, once yourself and Pierre were in the paddock, it seemed as though it was plunged into silence as everyone who passed by you would stop and stare at you with their mouths hanging slightly agape as their eyes fixated to your wedding rings and your son. It was very difficult for you to put their mumbling of disapproval and disgust to the back of your mind, but you did manage because of what Pierre had said to you before you left, you knowing that sooner or later people would get used to the fact that you were married and had a child, you knowing that they would fall almost as madly in love with him as yourself and Pierre were.