646 - Max Verstappen

Requested by luminousmoonlight

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

646: "When I touched your hand, it may have accidentally been on purpose..."

It had always been your dream to be a top engineer in F1 for Red Bull and before you were finally given a university work experience placement with them, you always knew you were going to be terrifed when that time finally did arrive. However, the worrying thoughts which were always racing around in your mind back then were nothing compared to the ones which would unfold in reality. So, far, you may have only been given small erronds to do, but because of how much you wanted to impress the team, you were massively overthinking every little thing. You may have had two previous race weekends wirh the team, but this was still continuing in Australia, you curently taking some data shets over to GP, but as you were making your way over to him, you were worrying about whether they would be presented perfectly neatly and it was because of the deep concentration you were in, trying to make sure that they were corner to corner, that before you knew it, they suddenly flew out of your hands. You let out a small gasp of surprise as the sheets scattered all over the floor in front of you, you rushing down to your knees to scramble to make sure you had picked all of them up before anyone else noticed. It was just as you were getting your last few together, that your body jolted at the sudden feeling of someone's hand resting on top of yours for a split second, this causing you to look up to see that Max was crounching down opposite you, helping you to collect the data sheets.

"There's no rush, Y/N. Let me help you," said Max waemly as a smile spread across your lips.

Your cheeks flushed scarlet as the two of you got to your feet, you wanting the floor to swallow you up since you had just embarrassed yourself in front of not only the guy who had been so nice to you over the past few race weekends and who you were growing to like, but also the current F1 world champion 

"You really didn't need to do that, Max. Do you not think this sort of thing is beneath you?" You asked in surprise as Max carefully added the data sheets which he had picked up on top of the pile which you were holding.

"Of course it isn't and yes I did need to help you. I couldn't just stand by and watch you struggle," replied Max sweetly, this causing your cheeks to turn an even deeper shade of red before of how fluttery you were suddenly feeling.

Yourself and Max then went your seporate ways, continuing with what you needed to do, but as the start of the race that Sunday afternoon was ticking closer, the two of you were continuously exchanging fond glances out of the conrers of your eyes whilst you both hoped that the other wouldn't have noticed. As Max was making some last minute preparations, he couldn't prevent the thought of you from distracting him, the thought of whether he should approach you and make a confession to you before the start of the race because things wouldn't be building up on his chest whilst he was trying to add another win to his collection.

"Y/N, could I borrow you for a minute?" He called over to you when he realised that you both had a free moment, Max wanting this to be quick because he didn't know how long that was going to last.

At the sound of his voice, you forced yourself to narrow the broad smile which had spread across your lips as you were making your way over to him, you completely giving up with this and beaming at him once you had reached him because he was doing the exact same thing.

"I really don't know how to put this without sounding weird," Max began with the most shy tone which you had ever heard from him as he looked down to his feet, starting to nervously fiddle with his fingers. "You know what, I'm just going to be straight with you and say this, when I touched your hand, it may have accidentally been on purpose... I mean, you probably never even noticed, but if you did, yes, it was intentional. Ever since I seen you for the first time in Bahrain, I couldn't help but feel attracted to you, eager to get to know you better, but I was struggling to put that into words."

You felt like you were in some sort of dream because you never imagined that you would ever meet your favourite F1 driver, let alone be in with a chance of potentially being with him.

"The most important thing is that I know now anf by the way, you can touch my hand whenever you like," you replied flirtatiously, causing yourself and Max to beam at you.

As both of your cheeks turned crimson, both of you awkwardly cleared your throats, neither one of you wanting the team to find out how you felt about each other, but just as you had pulled yourselves together, Max leant into your ear.

"I'd really love it if I could take you out sometime, so we can know for sure where things could go between us. Hoe about we go out for dinner tonight after the race?" Max suggested, you needing to take a deep breath at the sound of his words to be able to contain your giddiness.

"I'd love that," you responded warmly, before Max had to get ready to get into his car.

As he did, the two of you were unable to keep your eyes off each other, it being very difficult for both of you to forget about the other and focus purely on just your jobs.