61 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by Sissi_Styles

Taglist
Garrixer_06 archivebooks miaweston424 jadnhossler925

61: "You always have and always will be the greatest woman in our sport."

Currently being laying on the shared bed of yourself and your boyfriend, Daniel, you let out a deflated sigh as you threw your phone down onto your covers. You wrapped an arm tightly around his front as your mind dwelled on the posts which you had just been scrolling through, your heart sinking as they made you feel even more doubtful about your racing abilities than you often did. Posts like the ones which you had been looking at, posts praising the second female driver who was gong to be on the grid next season, made you feel as if you weren't good enough, as if people thought that this other woman would have more potential than you.

"Social media bothering you again?" Daniel spoke up as he comforting rested his chin on the top of your head.

"I know you always tell me not to think too much about the posts I see, but it's just upsetting when it seems as if people are looking forward more to seeing this other woman on track than they are me," you replied with sorrow as Daniel began to run his fingers soothingly through your hair. "I know it may sound petty, but being the second Red Bull driver, people see me as nothing more than Max's number two."

As he always did at the reminder that you were in the same situation which he was in 2018, Daniel took a deep breath under his breath to keep himself calm, before he forced the edges of his lips to curl up into a small, reassuring smile.

"No one understands more of what you're feeling than I do, both of us being multiple race winning drivers, drivers with a lot of potential who people start to underestimate because of our teammate, who happened to be the same guy," replied Daniel sympathetically as he cupped your cheeks, forcing you to look up at him. "But just think that you've got a completely different car this year because of the new regulations and because of this, it could suit you way better than cars have in the past. You may finally be able to prove that you're just as good as Max and just remember that you always have and always will be the greatest woman in our sport. Just remember that many people still argue that you're one of the best drivers on the grid."

Those words were exactly what you needed to hear, a broad smile spreading across your lips as you let uut a sigh of relief at the reminder that your experience and race wins would mean that you would have far more value and respect than a young rookie would ever be able to get at that stage in their career.

"I really hope that you can start to look forward to the start of the season, that you can be just as cheerful about it as you normally are," added Daniel with a small amount of deflation as he thought about how joyful you normally are this time of year.

"Now that you've made me see sense and believe in myself as you always manage to do, I can't wait for it," you replied warmly as you propped yourself up onto your elbow to be able to look up at Daniel. "I'm going to show everyone that I still have what it takes."

There was nothing which caused Daniel to swelter with more pride than when you would believe in your own abilities, when you would be motivated to push yourself out ont rack and get some amazing results. Daniel just knew that amazing things were coming your way this season and it was because of this, that the two of you spent the rest of your relaxing afternoon discussing it, Daniel managing to make you believe that it would be possible for you to add even more race wins to your collection and that you would be more evenly matched with Max.