617 - Dennis Hauger

Requested by catname7

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

617: "It's our baby's first time in the snow!"

Walking into your kitchen, broad smiles spread across the faces of yourself and your husband, Dennis as you stood in the doorway, Dennis wrapping an arm around your shoulders as his heart melted at the sight of your two year old daughter standing at the backdoor, gazing through the glass in awe and intregue at the sight of the thick blanket of snow which had coated your grass. Yourself and Dennis let out a few chuckles of amusement because you could see that her reflection's pupils were dilated in awe as her mouth hung slightly agape.

"How about we get you wrapped up nice and warm and go out there for a bit?" You suggested to her, taking her in your arms and placing her on your hip once you had made your way over to her.

Your daughter nodded enthusiastically as she clapped her tiny hands, the smile not once fading from her face, this being until the three of you were in your winter coats, hats and gloves. Standing at the back door once more, your daughter was in the middle of yourself and Dennis, both of you holding one of her hands as you were about to take your first steps, but as you were, your daughter's feet planted into the floor.

"I'm scared," she squeaked on the verge of tears, suddenly realising just how unfamiliar this was for her.

The three of you may have lived in Norway, meaning that this wasn't her first time seeing snow, but it would be her first time stepping foot into it as you would normally always carry her in the past, knowing that it would be easier for her to slip over. It was because of this. that she attempted to turn around and dash back inside, but after she was unable to fight against yours and Dennis' grip, she looked up at you with the hopes that you would let her go, but the sight of your wide smiles of encouragement made her feel so much more at ease.

"Be big and brave, baby. We'll be so proud of you," said Dennis encouragingly after your daughter had lifted one of her feel slightly off the floor, contemplating whether she was going to take that first step outside.

Once she finally did, she let out a gasp of surprise because of how strange this slippery feeling was for her, but an enormous smile spread across her lips from ear to ear as the three of you slowly began to make your way down your garden, your daughter feeling a sense of pride. Once you were half way down, your daughter sank to her knees as she took some snow in her hands, gazing down at it in awe as she rubbed her thumbs over it. Yourself and Dennis glanced at eaxch other affectionately out of the corner of your eye as you watched her, both of you considering your daughter to look adorable all wrapped up in winter clothing. She soon got used to what the snow felt like beneath her fingers and once she did, it was Dennis' turn to let out a gasp of surprise as he suddenly felt a ball of snow hit him, your daughter bursting into a fit of laughter as a shiver ran through Dennis' body.

"You're lucky I love you," Dennis chuckled with amusement as he took your daughter into his arms, holding her close to him as he rested his chin lightly on the top of her head.

Your daughter felt very smug that Dennis' didn't retaliate, but the only reason why he allowed her to get away with this was because the shock of the cold suddenly surging through her body would have been too much for her, Dennis knowing for a fact that this would be one of those occasions where she could give, but couldn't take.

For the next hour or so, yourself and your daughter enjoyed yourself and you pummelled Dennis with snowballs and even though he would say that two against one wasn't fair, he was still enjoying himself too, knowing that these memories would be fondly looked back on as some of your best in years to come.