498 - Arthur Leclerc

Requested by drugo_babe

498: "You've literally gathered all of the cushions and all of the covers in the entire house just so you can build a den?"

Feeling relaxed and refreshed as you entered your Monegasque apartment, you were still confused as to why your husband, Arthur had suggested that you go on a shopping trip when he would usually hate this, however, it all became clear to you once you had placed your bags down beside your front door. The infectious laughter of both Arthur and your three year old son was ringing around your living room, telling you that Arthur wanted to spend some quality time with him, but seconds after you had entered, their laughter had died down.

"Shh, we can't let her find us," Arthur muttered cheekily from inside the living room, the closed door meaning that you weren't clearly able to hear what he was saying and instead just being able to make out faint voices.

As you creaked open your living room door, you entered slowly with raised eyebrows since you couldn't see Arthur any your son anywhere, this especially confusing you because of the open nature of the living room, meaning that there weren't many hiding spots. However, your son couldn't contain his laughter for long and you soon realised that it was coming from the back of the sofa. Once you had tiptoed round, you let out a small gasp of surprise, your hands clapping over your mouth at the sight which you were looking at, that being what seemed to be every single bed cover in your entire house put together to form a den.

"I know you're in there," you soon spoke up with a small sigh, but you were also unable to stop the edges of your lips from curling up into a small smile.

Your son's giggling continued as he innocently poked his head out of the entrance of the den, your heart melting at the sight of the joy in his enormous eyes, this once again showing you just how much he loved spending quality time with Arthur.

"We're definitely not in here. I don't know what you're talking about," Arthur quickly added jokingly from inside of the den, trying to be defensive. "Alright, fine. Now you know where we are, how about you see inside, mon amour?"

Part of you wanted to be furious with them both because of the amount of effort which it was going to take you to remake all of the beds. However, you got down onto your hands and knees and crawled inside without any objections because you didn't want to be the miserable one and ruin all of their fun. Once you were inside, you were shocked to see how much effort they had put into the inside of the den, there being many comfy pillows and blankets in there as well as many Ferrari themed things, such as the Ferrari mugs they were drinking out of and your son's favourite Ferrari books which had been passed down to him by Arthur as well as some being from his uncle Charles.

"This is the Ferrari Den!" Your son announced proudly once you had joined them inside and were sitting on your knees. "Ferrari fans only!"

Your son then picked up his iPad and showed you the race replay which himself and Arthur had previously been watching, your son gazing at the replay of the 2019 Italian Grand Prix with pride, not only because it was currently Ferrari's last home victory, but because his uncle Charles had won, his joint favourite man in the world. Your son had just pressed play once more, both himself and Arthur putting all of their concentration back onto the screen and their eyes not once leaving it, but despite this, you soon had to pause it because you knew that you would soon need to get started with dinner.

"I know you're both having fun, but it's dinner time soon, so what do you fancy?" You asked as both Arthur and your son let out a groan of irritation.

"We're watching that! It's the last lap, so we're going to watch Charlie winning any minute!" Replied Arthur with a joking sigh of frustration, trying to make it seem as though he was more annoyed than he was in reality.

"Yeah! You can't pause it!" Your son added in agreement, before he shared a look and a nod with his dad, it seeming as though they had both came up with a premeditated plan.

The two of them then picked up the closest pillow to them both and made their way either side of you, before repeatedly hitting your arms with the pillows. In retaliation, you grabbed a pillow in each of your hands using one to hit each of them. Before you knew it, the three of you had descended into a fit of laughter, time getting away from all of you as you were enjoying yourselves far too much.

"I never want this family time to end," said Arthur affectionately, wrapping one arm around you and the other around your son once your pillow fight had came to an end. "How about we get a takeaway tonight so you don't need to cook anything love, giving us more time to spend together?"

You loved Arthur's idea and waiting slightly longer for your food than if you would have cooked it yourself was more than worth it once the three of you snuggled up under the blankets, not only watching Charles crossing the line to win the race, but also watching some other F1 clips. All of your dread about needing to remake the beds soon went away, you deciding that you were enjoying your time in the den way more than you were first expecting and way too much to take it down shortly.