422 - George Russell

Requested by PamAndersonFan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight

422: "I wonder how our son/daughter will react to us bringing home their new baby brother/sister."

Unlike when you brought home your eldest daughter from hospital, when yourself and George were on your way to bring home your newborn daughter, both of you were filled with nerves and dread. As excited as you both were to introduce her to your mother, who was babysitting your oldest daughter, you dreaded what your daughter's reaction was going to be to the arrival of her new sister. Throughout your pregnancy, the three year old hated the thought of being a big sister, repeatedly bursting into tears at the thought because she wasn't used to needing to share your attention.

"She'll love her once she actually meets her," said George comfortingly, briefly taking your hand in his once he had noticed the worry on your face when he had parked the car.

You took a deep breath as George got out of the car, making his way around to the back and unfastening your baby from her car seat and once you were walking up your path, you let out one final deep breath because you were dreading the tantrum which your daughter was going to throw. As soon as she heard yourself and George approaching, she darted out of the living room, waiting behind the front door to meet you both. A broad smile was spread across her lips at the thought of being reunited with you, but once she had spotted the baby George was cradling, her mouth hung slightly agape at the tiny sight.

"So, what do you think of your baby sister?" George asked her cautiously.

Rather than responding verbally, your daughter continued to be mesmerised by the sight of her baby sister, inching her way closer to her after every few seconds. Once she was as close as she was able to get, she raised her hand to touch her, before pulling it back slightly with worry.

"Don't be afraid to touch her," you said warmly, before you beamed over your daughter's shoulder at the sight of your mother being stood in the living room doorway as she took a photo of this beautiful family moment

Once she had gotten your reassurance, your eldest daughter's hand neared your baby's and once it had, your baby's tiny hand closed around her little finger, the hearts of yourself, George and your mother melting as she leant down and pressed a delicate kiss to the top of her baby sister's head.

"I was upset about you bringing her home before, but now I love her," she said sweetly, not moving from her sister's side and attempting to make her grab her finger again once she had let go.

Once it was clear that your baby was no longer interested in holding onto your eldest daughter, you all made your way into the living room, your daughter still being in George's arms at fist, but this not being for long.

"Let me hold her. I've been waiting for this for far too long," said your mother affectionately, making her way over to the sofa which yourself and George were sitting on once you were comfortable.

George gladly handed your baby over to your mother, your mother gazing down at her in adoration as she held her as closely to her chest as she was able.

"Can I hold her?" Your daughter asked hopefully as her pupils dilated.

As your mother sat beside your daughter on the sofa opposite yourself and George, the two of you were completely speechless because of how it seemed as if your daughter was going to hate her sister to loving her the minute she touched her for the first time. Their bond continued to strengthen as your mother helped your daughter to support her sister. Your daughter began to tell her all about herself and the rest of your family, being the most upset which she had all day when her sister was handed back to you once she had started to cry.

All you had been wanting was two children who were not that different in age to love each other and keep each other company when they were growing up and over the following days, months and even years, it became clear that the two were inseparable, never failing to cause yourself and George to swelter with pride.