340 - Lando Norris

Requested by Nerea8291

Taglist
devinagnawnn Sargeants_Wife luminousmoonlight madmaxstan archivebooks jadnhossler925

340: "We may be young, but we're still able to look after our baby and give them all the love they need."

You had been looking forward to this day for many months now, that being the day when yourself and your boyfriend, Lando would bring your baby boy home from hospital. An enormous smile would always spread across your lips at the thought of how your family were going to be around him, but what that day finally did come, the reality was so much different, it becoming clear to you that your first day home with your son was going to be nowhere near as special as you had imagined.

"Y/N! Lando! You've got no idea how happy I am that your finally home! Where's my beautiful grands-" your mother began once she had rushed into your living room, overflowing with love, but that was only until her eyes had landed on your son, who was in a deep sleep in your arms and who, up until that moment, you considered to be very cosy and content. "He'll be freezing! He needs an extra blanket!"

Lando, who was sitting beside you on the soda with an arm wrapped affectionately around you and his other gently around your son, was ready to immediately rush to his feet, believing that your mother, the much more experienced parent, would naturally know best. However, just as he was leaning forward, ready to stand up, your mother rushed out of the room instead.

"Never mind! I'll do it!" She snapped with annoyance as she was halfway down the hallway. "If only people your age weren't so lazy, he would already be warm enough!"

"T-The blankets are upstairs!" You guiltily called after her since she left without being told where they were.

However, there was no response and your mother continued to rummage downstairs, leading to you soon rushing to your feet and making your way into your bedroom where the blankets were, you becoming increasingly paranoid that your son wasn't warm enough. Once your son was finally wrapped up in his extra layer, you expected to make a drink for your mother and then for the blissful family time to finally begin, but once you had handed over her cup, the sight of a drink only reminded her of something else to nag you about.

"Going back to what I said earlier about you being lazy, when was his last feed?" Your mother asked with a hopeless sigh.

"He was fed about half an hour ago. That's why he's flat out right now," replied Lando shyly due to his surprise of how intimidating your mother was on this particular day when this was a side to her which he didn't often see.

Your mother stopped nagging for a few moments, but now that your son was in Lando's arms after you had gotten up, your mother's attention was quickly turned back to Lando.

"His head needs more support, Lando," she said firmly as her eyes fixated on the arm which was supporting his head. "You need to harden your arm. It's too floppy and relaxed."

This continued for the next few hours, your mother criticising every single interaction which yourself and Lando had with your son. The only way her complaining would stop was when she was holding him herself, demonstrating 'how things should be done'. Once she left, you were feeling very down and deflated, unlike how euphoric and energetic you were expecting to feel at this time.

"Lando, am I a bad mother?" You asked him consciously, a few tears welling up in your eyes as he spoke once the two of you had been plunged into a slightly awkward silence once your mother had left. "Why can't I do anything right?"

"Y/N, look at me," said Lando sternly, whilst overflowing with love at the same time, removing an arm from around your son and taking one of your hands in his. "Never think you're a bad mother ever again. You're not doing anything wrong. Your mum just has different opinions, but just because she would sometimes do things differently to you, doesn't mean that your ways are wrong. She's not normally like this, so I know she's just being overprotective of him, but never forget that "We may be young, but we're still able to look after our baby and give him all the love he needs."

Those words were exactly what you needed to hear, your heart melting as Lando was demonstrating that his final words were true as he held your son closely to him, proving to you that he may be a young father, but that didn't stop your son from being his whole world, not that he needed to prove that. As the day went on, Lando made sure that you felt more confident in your abilities to take care of your son, the three of you spending every second together and enjoying some quality family time together. There may have been points where your son burst into tears and yourself and Lando were finding it almost impossible to settle him, but neither one of you thought this ruined the day because the cuddles which you would share afterwards would more than make up for it, your head being snuggled into Lando's chest during those moments as he rested his chin in the top of your head, one of his arms being around you and his other being around your son.