649 - Paul Aron

Requested by asfinsty

649: "Do you have any idea what it's like to hear you, the love of my life, crying into my chest, telling me you hate yourself when I feel the exact opposite?"

Sitting on the toilet in your boyfriend, Paul's bathroom, tears were surging down your cheeks as you held the pregnancy test which you had just taken up to your eyes to see that it was positive. Your heart was pounding against your chest as your wails filled the bathroom, this causing Paul to rush inside, before he crashed down on the floor in front of you on his knees and flung his arms tightly around the back of your neck.

"The test is positive, Paul," you sobbed with fear, clinging onto him for dear life whilst you buried your head into his chest as your breathing was starting to become out of control. "I hate myself for this. How could have I been so stupid to get pregnant at eighteen? How could we not have been more careful?'

Paul's heart broke at the sound of you letting out those words, the Estonian feeling tears welling up in his eyes, but rapidly blinking them away to hold them back because he knew he needed to be strong for you in that moment.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to hear you, the love of my life, crying into my chest, telling me you hate yourself when I feel the exact opposite?" Paul responded with sorrow, lifting your head up off his chest and cupping your cheeks as he gently wiped away your tears with his thumbs. "Nothing always goes to plan in life. Sometimes things happen which we would never expect, but sometimes those things aren't always bad, they can be the best things to ever happen to us. I completely understand if you don't want this baby. It is your body that will be changing, but would starting a family now be so bad? We've known for a while now that we intend to have children together someday."

You then let out an enormous sigh of relief at the sound of Paul's words because a large part of the reason why you were so upset was because of the thought of how Paul was going to react, you having convinced yourself that he wouldn't only not want a child because of his age, but also because of how much he was focusing on his racing career.

"There's no way I'm getting rid of this baby, especially because now I know you don't completely hate the idea," you replied warmly, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile for a brief moment, before you began to worry once more.

"The idea of us having a baby is an exciting one, but we need to be realistic. Do you really think we're capable of raising a child?" You asked with panic, before Paul took your hands in his as a reassuring smile spread across his lips. "I just want don't want to let out baby down."

"You won't. You're the most caring, loving woman I've ever met and I know that you will be exactly the same as a mother," responded Paul assuredly, causing you to rapidly blink away the last of your tears before you beamed at him.

A few days previously, before you had started throwing up on a morning, yourself and Paul never expected to be having this conversation any time soon, but now that you had gotten his reassurance, you certainly weren't complaining about it, both of you loving talking about baby related things such as already discussing names for both genders and talking about what their room was going to look like, you being shocked that it was possible for you to go from being so upset and considering this situation to be the biggest mistake of your life to considering this baby to be the best thing which had ever happened to you both and a challenge which you couldn't wait to face together.