7. Tom Holland | Special Girl

By : multific | Tumblr

Summary: After an awful accident, you learnt how to deal with the consequences , and soon, you found happiness, or did happiness found you?

Warning: mention of an accident, death but I promise this is cute overall

Words in italics are what the reader is writing or signs.

-----

You were able to speak at one point in your life. Your family often say that they miss your laugh and voice.

You still remember that day.

The day that changed your life forever.

The day that took your voice.

You were in the car with your uncle and aunt since you were at their place for the weekend, you were only fourteen.

You remember as the car passed a shop than it came to a stop due to a red light. Then you heard voices, nothing more. A big force pushed you forwards and then you remember spinning.

When you woke up, you were in a hospital bed. Your mother and father was by your side, crying, and happy that you were finally up, and alive.

They explained the situation as best as they could, a car ran into the car you, your uncle and aunt was in, making the car move into the junction as a car forcefully hit you. Both your aunt and uncle died during the impact. You had several head injuries but the worst was yet to come.

Your mother couldn't tell you due to crying, neither could your father, a lovely nurse came in who explained that a part from the other car nearly stabbed you through your throat, and it made you lose your vocal cords. At that time you didn't know, but it was on that night you were destined to lose either your life, or your voice.

And now, you were happy that it was the latter.

Sure, you went through a lot. Anger, disappointment more anger and depression. Especially during your teenager years. But now, as you got older, you learnt to live with it and to love yourself like that.

Obviously you learnt sign language as soon as you recovered from the hospital. But since not many people knew sign language, you were left to either text or the good old paper and pen.

But this never stopped you. You were determined to finish collage and get a decent job.

You learnt literature. Since you weren't able to speak anymore, you learnt a new form of communication and you always admired the poems and writers for being able to do that so naturally.

You started your career as a writer for a magazine. Since it wasn't a huge, well-known one, you were able to write (for the most part) what you wished for. But that didn't really work out, so you quit.

You decided to teach.

There was an organization that worked with mute, blind and deaf people. So, you became a sign language teacher for young children and adults that suffered the same faith as you. And it also comforted them that you went through the same struggle as them.

It wasn't the best paying job, but at least you had a job that you had a passion for.

Sadly, you never had a real boyfriend, it seemed to you like they didn't had the time and patience for you. They soon got tired of you texts and messages, even if they knew from the beginning what they were in for.

Little did you know that was about to change.

You were informed by your friends at work that a movie star was to come and spend some time with the children. Kind of like a charity event, it would also make people aware of the situation these kids are in and attract possible donators.