41. Harrison Osterfield | Misunderstanding

By : multific | Tumblr

Harrison Osterfield x Reader

Request: Could you write a Harrison Osterfield x reader, where they're in a relationship already but it's going not so great with Haz being always busy with his career, unintentionally neglecting her a bit. He's trying to make it up, but she mistakes it for him being with another woman or something angsty? It's just one big misunderstanding, ending in fluff (I'm a sucker for angst with fluff ending) - Love your writing, thank you so much!!

Somehow deep down you knew dating with an actor wouldn't be so easy. After all they are almost always on the move, meeting new people, leaving their family and friends behind. They were luck if they received a call or text from time to time.

You knew this when Harrison came into your life, you knew it wouldn't be so easy, yet you still helplessly fell in love with him. If you were honest, you were surprised when he came up to you and started flirting with you. You thought Harrison was way out of your league. And funny enough, he thought the same.

But the two of you hit it off right away. You two seemed to be the perfect couple. Some would say you lived in a pink fog, where everything was perfect and amazing.

Unfortunately, that pink fog seemed to be gone when Harrison started working on bigger projects. You knew what you got yourself into, so you were patient.

But your patient had an end too.

When Harrison left two months ago, he promised he would call or text as often as he can, at first he kept his promise. But after two weeks, he disappeared. You sent him texts saying it's okay if he didn't have time, just a simple "I'm still alive." would have been enough for you. But that never came.

You felt neglected. You debated calling Tom, but ended up not doing it. You didn't want to be the annoying clingy girlfriend who cannot live without her boyfriend. Of course your life went on.

You would go to work, then back home, sometimes your friends asked you out to go with them to parties or bars. And you always did. Every minute spent without thinking about what your boyfriend might be doing is worth it.

However, one drunken friend put the worst possible imagine into your head.

You told her about Harrison not responding to your calls or texts and a few drinks later, she painted you the worst scenario.

Harrison is cheating on you.

You would have never believed this to be true, but the things your friends said were so convincing, your mind began to make up stories.

Suddenly it made sense why he wasn't responding, he must have met a gorgeous model or something.

And from then on, it was all downhill.

You imagined Harrison with this mystery woman while you just waited, but she never had a face.

One night Tom called you to tell you that they are doing a get-together and everyone will be there. You found it a bit weird that he invited you, knowing Harrison was away. But you decided to go, you needed to end you suffering and sleepless nights and you were going to ask Tom or Harry, hopefully one of them knew what was going on with your boyfriend. You still considered Harrison to be your boyfriend, and you will until your find him with the woman.

The night before the get-together, you had a nightmare where Harrison suddenly appeared with a top model attached to his hip, breaking your heart while everyone congratulated him and his new girl.

You felt so stupid for letting such thoughts ruin your time.

You arrived at Tom's just in time, you even brought some beer for them. You decided not to drink. You were afraid that you might slip up or say something about Harrison.

You were in the middle of a lovely conversation with Sam and his girlfriend when you heard your name being called.

"Y/N! We have a surprise for you." your stomach got tight, those were the exact same words in your dream.

"TADA!!" Everyone yelled and there he was, Harrison. Smiling at you with his arms wide open.

You should have been happy. But suddenly the last two almost three months of negligence got the best out of you. Everyone expected you to run into his arms, but when you stood up, glass falling from your hand, thankfully Sam caught it, you didn't even go over to Harrison. Everyone was left speechless as you ran to escape.

You quickly arrived home, not even fully realizing what just happened. You hoped it all was just a nightmare. You were leaning against your front door, out of breath.

You heard someone knock.

"It's me. Please let me in." you heard Harrison plead.

You opened the door to a crack and looked at Harrison, he was just as breathless as you.

"I'm sorry. I know I have neglected you and I didn't reply, but please let me in, I can explain." You let out a long sigh and let Harrison walk in. You let him close the door, but didn't let him in any further.

"Before you say anything. I have been thinking about you for the last two and a half months, when you left you promised you'll keep in touch. I get it, you are busy, I didn't expect you to spend every minute writing to me. I was prepared for a text or call per week even. But nothing? I felt ignored and unwanted. If you found someone, just tell me. I can take it, but waiting and waiting, and waiting, I cannot."

"I know I fucked up. And I'm not here to say excuses. All I'm here to do is to apologize and explain that I wanted to text or call you, but my manager confiscated my phone after about three weeks. He said I was taking too many pictures and videos and he said he's afraid that I will leak something, like Tom. So, no I didn't cheat on you, nor did I find someone. I don't want anyone but you. This is all just a misunderstanding, please Y/N."

"Confiscated your phone?"

"Yes!" you didn't know to believe him or not. It sounded like such a childish excuse, yet you heard about how his manager can get. Harrison could clearly see that you needed a minute to process what he just said. "I swear I'm not cheating or doing any shady business. I love you, Y/N."

"Why did you call me from the hotel then? They have phones there."

"I wasn't in a hotel. I had a trailer."

"Why did you ask for a staff member's phone? I know I being nit-picky at this point, but it's really hard to believe that you couldn't find a phone, its 2020 everyone has a phone and everything is a phone."

"All I can say is that I'm sorry. This is why I asked Tom to get the party together so I can surprise you. I ever expected for you to just run off like that!" when you finally let a small smile creep onto your face, he was right at it, he leaned in and grabbed your hands, kissing then then he put them around his neck. He leaned in to kiss you on the lips, at first he was only testing the waters but when you didn't pull back or pushed him away, he went right in. Pulling you close as he walked you further into your home his mouth never leaving yours.

"I missed you." He said as he stopped right in front of your couch.

"I missed you too." you said. "So you are not going to run off with a model?"

"Never."

He said before he pulled you closer once more and kissed you, trying to make up for the lost time.