28. Chris Evans | One Mistake

By : multific | Tumblr

Summary: You catch your husband kissing another woman.

Warnings: angst.

------

The man who promised eternal love, loyalty and truthfulness, kissed a woman. Kissed a woman you told him to keep his distance from.

She wanted this, wanted to take your place, your husband, she wanted to destroy your marriage, and she might have just done that.

"Y/N. Please."

"No! I told you this will happen but you said I'm paranoid. Yet..." you couldn't finish your sentence, you saw her smiling at you. She looked proud that she just ruined a marriage and you knew, if you would have gotten here later, they might have been further than kissing.

You became even angrier.

Seeing her smug face, you charged towards her.

Chris barely registered what was happening, one second you were standing in front of him on the brink of crying and a moment later you were beating the woman who kissed him.

It wasn't a typical cat-fight. You basically ripped the extensions in her hair out. Security had to get you off of her and they threw you out. Chris followed you.

You started to walk home, completely ignoring your husband who was running behind you to catch up.

"Please! Y/N. Just. Let me get the car. We can talk about this at home."

"Leave me alone." you said as you walked further into the night with your aching heart.

***

Chris was all alone, again.

It had been three days since he fucked up, and since you walked away.

He was worried sick, he didn't know where you were. Of course, he tried to call, text anything to get a hold of you. But nothing worked, so he gave you the time you needed.

That's when he heard the front door open, Dodger made a run for it.

And there you were.

He was happy to see you but at the same time he was afraid that you might be there to collect your things and be off again.

"Y/N..." he started but you interrupted him.

"Chris, just, listen to me. I took my time to think. And I did a lot of it. And now I feel like I made my decision." you took a deep breath and moved to sit on the couch with him next to you. He didn't interrupt you. "I love you, Chris. I always have been and I always will. But you betrayed me. You broke my heart and my trust. I'm willing to forgive you, but don't expect me to be back to myself so quickly. You gave me a wound and it is healing, but slowly, and I know with time, I'll be fine....I just can't sleep without you next to me any longer." you were crying near the end. Chris was tearing up himself.

"I...I'm so sorry. I should have listened to you. I should have known what she was planning. I promise I will do anything and everything in my will to make you happy again, to make you trust me again. I love you so much!" he slowly moved to hug you, he was waiting for you to give him permission, which you did and he hugged you tightly to his strong chest.

***

You were in the bed, lying on Chris' chest. You could tell he wasn't asleep, just like you. He was running his hand up and down your back. You started to run your fingers over his arms.

Slowly, but surely weariness took over and you had fallen asleep.

In the morning you woke up first. You slowly moved out of the arms of your husband and went to prepare some breakfast.

As soon as you were done, Chris came down and you both sat to eat.

You felt the tension in the air, like something was still not spoken between the two of you.

You went on like that for almost a month.

Then you heard Chris talking to Sebastian while the two were sitting on the couch.

"I just don't know what to do. She is so distant. I get it, she needs time, but every time I try and touch her other than when we cuddle at night, she just moves away. I know I made a huge mistake and now I'm suffering the consequences....But...I miss her, Seb." you hear Seb let out a big sigh. He was probably coming over for a coffee and yet here he was trying to resolve his friend's marriage.

"She needs time...more time. It really hurt her, Chris. But believe me, she will come around. She loves you and you love him. Your relationship is what we all envy. It will be all right believe me. Where is she by the way?"

"In the study. Probably reading or writing. I should tell her you're here."

But before he could stand up you walked into the room like you didn't hear anything.

"Hi, Sebastian." he stood up and you kissed his cheek, the two of you always had a close relationship.

"Hello, Y/N. How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, what about you?"

"Same as always."

The rest of the evening went well, the three of you laughed, and talked.

After Sebastian left you went and took a shower. You walked into your bedroom and went under the blanket, you sat against the headboard and continued to read your book. Chris came in and went to take a shower as well.

As he was washing up you kept thinking about the conversation he had in the afternoon. The things he said were true. You did become distant but now you realized that it might cost you your whole marriage. But every time you closed your eyes you saw her with him.

Chris came into the room wearing his pajama pants and a simple dark blue shirt.

"Good night" he said as he turned the light off and got under the blanket and tried to get some sleep with his back to you. With your nightstand lap still on you put the book down turned the light off and faced Chris' back.

You decided that you had enough. You wanted your husband back, the silly Chris. He was way too nervous around you. He barely touched you or talked to you, you knew that this was partially your fault.

You extended your arm and ran your fingers up his back. You did that a few times then scooped closer to him. You became the big spoon as you hugged him.

"I love you." you said. He seems to really enjoy the affection. He turned around and he ran his hand up your arm.

He leant over and kissed you gently on the lips.

"I miss you." you said. You knew he was the one who could have say that but you didn't care. "You are too gentle almost like you are afraid."

"Because, I am. I hurt you. And I'm afraid if I do something wrong, you will leave for good." he said it in a whisper. It made you pout.

"But....I miss my "I-will-fuck-you-into-this-mattress" Chris. I miss your jokes and laugh."

"I miss you too, Y/N. Your baking, your smile, and that look you give me when you are turned on."

"I'm ready to move on. I want to forget the past and just move on."

"Me too." this time you leaned over and kissed him, but with more passion and love. The kiss soon turned heated as his hands started to roam your body.

Both of you were happy to get your partner back, even if none of you truly ever left.