116. Timothee Chalamet | the boy on the train

By : princechalamet | Tumblr

Timothée Chalamet x Reader

The subway was a very weird place with every different type of person imaginable. Sometimes it was manic busy, people scrambling over one another, like they were running for their lives. Other days it was deadly silent, maybe a couple people milling around, the empty sounds rattling as the trains whizzed through the platforms.

The cool air blew your hair sideways as your train approached, shivering at the breeze which prickled your skin through your thin coat.

Everyday you would take the same train, at the same platform back from work. You would see some similar faces doing the same and some unfamiliar ones. However, your train was always a quieter one with not many people aboard. Sometimes you would nearly have a cart all to yourself.

Today had been a good day at work, you had managed to get a promotion and you had made real progress on your tasks. Opening a celebratory bottle of champagne and a slice of the chocolate cake you had bought yesterday seemed like a fantastic way to spend the evening.

The automatic doors slid open, and you stepped on. You patted down your hair, eyes scanning over the row of empty seats, a few people scattered around the cart amongst them. You picked your spot, carefully placing your bag on your lap. The doors shut and the train went sliding off down the tracks.

You looked in front of you, and there was a boy you hadn't ever seen on the train before. This wasn't unusual of course. You tried not to stare too much, but his beauty was captivating. His curly hair hung over his eyes, fingers tapping on his slim thighs. You looked down to your feet and back up to find him looking back at you. You blushed slightly and smiled awkwardly. He smiled back. A sudden brightness filled up the dimly lit train. It fading away as he looked away from you again.

***

The next evening you saw him again, the same train in the same cart. Your heart flopped slightly as you saw him. You were glad to see that he was now maybe a regular on your train. You wondered more about him, did he just move here or get a new job in this area? You were curious, you had never seen such a cute boy take the same train as you.

You sat opposite him once again, his eyes flickering up to you. This time you noticed they were a sparkling green, your heart thumping slightly as you stared at one another. Again, like yesterday, he smiled at you. You smiled back. The train journey was quiet aside from the soft chatter of other passengers.

The cart doors opened and in came a very drunk sounding man, he kept stumbling around and eventually stumbled over to where you were sitting. He clung to the railing and smirked at you, "hey gorgeous," he slurred. You looked away from him, hoping that ignoring him would make him disappear. Too many drunk or sleezy men had harassed you in the subway, too many to count, and every time it made your skin crawl. "Won't speak to me darling?" He grunted, the words spilling out of his mouth like poison as he started making kissy noises.

"Hey, leave her alone," the boy in front of you spoke up, glaring directly at the drunken man. "There's a free seat there" he pointed towards an empty seat across the other side of the cart. The drunk man scoffed but left. You looked towards the boy, your heart warmed at his efforts to help you out. You smiled at him and he smiled back again, giving you a quick nod as if to say 'anytime.'

***

The next day you saw him again, exactly the same as the two days prior. Except this time he was carrying a large bouquet of flowers. You wondered who it was for? Maybe a girlfriend, a wife, his mum, his gran? You didn't know him, but even though you didn't even know the boy, you secretly wished it wasn't for a lover.