72. Noah Centineo | Cinderella Story

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

I sat in the bleachers, Noah's letterman jacket wrapped around my shoulders, as I watched him warm-up for the game. He looked into the crowd and smiled when he found me. He raised his hand to wave, watching as I hesitated to wave back.

Things were a little tense between the two of us right now. We've been best friends since second grade and now, senior year, he was moving to LA to start acting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely proud of him. But, is it wrong not to want your best friend to fulfill his dream if it means sending him away?

Maybe it wasn't so much him moving away that caused the tension and more my confession. I probably shouldn't have told him I was in love with him right before the game.

~•~

I walked into the boys' locker room, not caring that I wasn't supposed to be there. All I cared about was talking to Noah before the game. Maybe this was a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing to do. Either way, I knew it was something I had to do.

I had to tell him before he left.

"Y/N?" Noah looked around the locker room before looking at me. "What are you doing in here?"

"I need to talk to you," I stuttered.

"Now?" He laughed. "The game is about to start and... Y/N, you aren't even allowed to be in here. Is everything okay?"

His smile dropped when he saw the look on my face. He grabbed my hand and led me back into the hallway. Noah turned around, still holding my hand.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I need to talk to you," I said slowly, trying to gather my courage.

"Okay," he said slowly. He let go of my hand and crossed his arms over his chest. "Y/N? What's going on? You're acting really weird."

"I love you."

I have been thinking about how I would tell him the truth ever since he told me he was moving. All the times I've rehearsed it in my head, debating how to say it, I definitely didn't plan on blurting it out like I just did.

"I know that," he laughed. He stopped when he saw the look on my face.

"That's not what I meant," I said softly. "I'm in love with you."

"What..." He stuttered. His eyes widened a little when he realized what I meant. "You're... What do you want me to say?"

"Nothing," I said barely audible. I turned on my heel and started quickly walking away.

"Y/N!" Noah called after me. I walked faster, nervous that he would chase after me. I glanced over my shoulder at him, Noah still standing where I left him.

"Y/N?"

~•~

I know I ran away from him, but I couldn't hear him turn me down. I couldn't handle him rejecting me. He's been my best friend since we were little. I couldn't lose him.

I bit my lip as the game started, unable to tear my eyes away from Noah. As the game went on, my heart pumped harder and harder against my chest. I'm usually nervous during his games, worried he'll get hurt, but all I could think about right now was my confession and the likely possibility of losing him.

At half-time, he looked up at me. His eyes softened when he saw me already staring at him. He pointed at the fence, gesturing for me to meet him there. I shook my head, my eyes beginning to water.