143. Keanu Reeves | Hold You

By : ficsnroses | Tumblr

Word Count : 2783

Warnings : Nothing besides fluff! One F bomb as well. And a mention (or a few..) of sex.

Summary : Reader cuddles Keanu before bed to cheer him up, & an intimate conversation about their relationship ensues.

---

On a chilly February evening, you sit alone, whisked away in a novel, tucked in your queen sized bed. The freshly washed sheets, fragrant with the smell of spring cherry blossoms sprawled around you; make you miss the season forthcoming. It felt like it had been ages since you last saw a vibrant, rosy pink blossom blooming outside.

Someone had gifted you a petite, potted cherry blossom tree as housewarming gift when you and Keanu first purchased your home together. He planted it right in your front yard, where you'd see it each time you come in and out. It had been growing more and more each year, coming back stronger, wiser. You felt it symbolized a lot more than just a shrub, rising in your yard. It had been there since you and Keanu started your journey together, by buying a home, where you'd start a family together. It symbolized all the firsts that would come thereafter, the ups and downs that may follow, the good and the not so good.

But what would always remain, was familiarity. The beauty that would remain evergreen, the growth that would signify endless support. The roots that had found home in what surrounded. The love that grew, season after season,

both outside, in the yard called home to the blossom tree,

and inside, in the house you and your lover called home.

Your husband, Keanu, would be home soon. Night had fallen a few hours long ago, the winter days shorter. You'd often wait for him when he was out later. He'd been out today to the Arch office, working out some stuff with his colleagues for the business. He'd called earlier, letting you know he'd eat out tonight, as they'd ran overtime. You'd planned to watch a movie together before bed though, you missed him all day.

-

A few moments pass, the pages flipping between your fingers, your gaze intently locked in, inquisitive, absorbed within the tale you'd immersed between. The gray bedroom door flows open, revealing a much tired Keanu, Arch leather jacket swung over his shoulder. His eyes catch yours, as he smiles, rubbing tiredness from his earthy pupils.

"Hi baby." His gruff voice rasps, as he walks towards the closet.

"Hey, how was it?" you chirp, setting the novel aside on the nightstand, your reading glasses along.

He runs a hand through his lengthy mane, sighing. "It was okay." He keeps his gaze low, shuffling out of his jeans into some sweatpants, and a plain white sleeping shirt. You admire his bare chest and torso as he does, although his muscles seem tense. Biting your lip, you inquire.

"Everything alright, love?"

Keanu chuckles lightly, the sound barely escaping past his lips as he throws his clothes into the wash hamper. "Everything's okay. Just...I don't know. Fatigue I guess."

"Aw, should we watch a movie tomorrow instead, then?" you propose, fluffing your pearly white pillow.

"I guess." His deep voice exhales. He walks towards the bed to his side, pulling the covers back. His under eyes are puffier than usual; you know him like the back of your hand. He's had a long, long day. But he's never the type to complain or lament. He's a hard worker, prefers to keep the attention drawn away.

But you were his wife, if you wouldn't look out for him, who else would?

You bring your hand to touch his forearm, tracing some of the veins along his skin. "You wanna do something else?" bringing yourself in closer, you wrap your hands around his left arm, placing a kiss to his bicep, before you rest your head on it. He seemed tense, hassled. You hated every second seeing him this way.