138. Tom Hiddleston | I Am Yours And Yours Only

By : your-highnessmarvel

Requested by Anon: Hiiii! Can i request a Tom Hiddleston x reader? Where reader and Tom have quite an age gap and met Harry styles and Tom gets insecure about you being attracted to Harry because of that? Maybe angst but happy ending! :) thank you .x

Warnings: age gap

-----

"How about we stop for coffee before we head to my mum's?" you asked, tilting your head up to look at your boyfriend. He wore a look of happiness in those beautifully blue eyes of his.

Tom shrugged, the snow on his shoulders tumbling off his arms. It was close to Christmas in London and the snow had topped everything in a thin coat of white.

Tom wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pulled you to him. He was warm, even through your coats and mittens.

"Anything you want, sweetheart," he said, a smile playing wide on his mouth. He leaned in and kissed your temple, making you smirk.

You headed to the shop around the corner, the one where you'd had your third date in as an official couple coming out to the public. You both clambered in, shivering from the cold, giggling as you swatted snow from your hair.

"Mr. Tom Hiddleston!" came a voice as you both looked up. "And Y/N Y/L/N."

There was a boy around your age standing nonchalantly by the register, unruly hair tousled over his head. Bright green eyes looked you over and then your boyfriend.

"Mr. Styles!" Always the most elegant, Tom advanced, freeing a hand from his glove, and shook to boys hand. He looked extremely familiar to you, and it took you a moment to place him.

The boy-band skinny jeans, plump red lips, and intense green glare. That was Harry Styles! And Tom knew him?

Harry came for your hand with his, his intense gaze raking you from head to toe. You shook it slowly, frowning just the tiniest bit at Tom. How did they know each other? Was Tom a boy-band fan?

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Styles," you muttered, shaking his hand.

"Call me Harry, please," he said, smoothing down his shirt, his eyes still never leaving yours. You got your hand back and smiled awkwardly between your boyfriend and the boy who every girl in England wanted.

"So how do you know each other?" you blurted, slowly making your way beside Tom, sliding your arm around his middle.

Tom cleared his throat, looking between the both of you. "We met when he was on tour a couple years ago."

"Yeah," Harry chimed in, "Tom is an amazing actor, and an even more amazing guy. You got yourself a catch, Y/N!" There was a bit too much enthusiasm in his voice, but you could see he was trying to make the unease in Tom's eyes vanish.

You smiled awkwardly. "Yes, of course he's a good man."

Harry kept looking deeply at you, then awkwardly back at Tom. "How long as it been?" he asked, gesturing between the two of you.

You opened your mouth to speak, but Tom was quicker than you. "A year," he said, squeezing you to him. Oh, Tom was being territorial. Okay.

"Well," Harry sighed, "I'll see you both around." He shook your hands again and off he went into the cold air, his black SUV waiting for him on the other side of the street.

After getting your coffees, Tom hastily wanted to leave. His brow was knitted together and he seemed distant, his mind completely somewhere else. You could see there was something bothering him, a deep cloud behind his eyes.

"Tom?"

He looked up, snow catching on his lashes. "Hmm?"

"What's on your mind?" you asked, clutching his gloved hand in yours.

He shrugged, looking from you to the snow-covered sidewalks. "I was just thinking, you know," he muttered, scratching his head. "About him."

"Harry?" you asked, dumb-founded. "What about him?"

Again, Tom shrugged. "Just seeing you both, so young and close in age, oh, I don't know." He shook his head, laughing shyly.

You stopped him in his tracks. "What are you trying to say, Tom?" you said, face taunt as you tried to catch his eye.

"Well," he sniffed, "You and I have a ten year age gap, but you and him, you have a normal age gap. A couple years. You'd go so well together."

You sighed, playing with his fingers, slowly shaking your head. "Tom," you whined. "I didn't accept to be your girlfriend because of your age. Or even your looks, for the matter."

He smiled. "He looked so attracted to you, didn't you see?" he asked.

He was being childish now. "No, I didn't," you answered blatantly. "And frankly, I don't care."

He sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair, tousling the snow there. "Do you remember when we first started going out?" he asked. You nodded and he continued, "when the media was sure that the only reason I had you on my arm was because you were young meat and gorgeous, and you could give me children."

You rolled your eyes. "The media would die if there were no rumors to spread around."

"Just listen to me, Y/N," he insisted. "I'm close to turning forty. You're not even thirty yet. I see all these young boys pining after you, and it makes me wonder what does a thirty-seven-year-old man like me have to offer you?"

You took a step forward, letting your forehead meet his shoulder. You brought your hand against his heart, where you could feel its slow thump thump under his jacket. You breathed in the earthy and unique smell of him.

"I don't care how old you are," you breathed, "and I don't care how many years separate us. I am in love with you for everything but your age."

He opened his mouth to speak, but your turned and pressed your fingers softly against his lips. "Do you trust me?" you asked lowly. Under the faint white light of the day and the snow caught in his lashes, he was breathtaking.

He nodded.

You smiled, releasing his mouth. "Then, voila!" you exclaimed. "That's all we need."