62. Noah Centineo | Jealous of My Best

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Noah's POV

Whenever I heard the song Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield, I was always annoyed. How could a guy fall in love with his buddy's girl? I always rolled my eyes whenever that song played.

Until Y/F/N Y/L/N.

Y/N has lived next to me since we were younger. We've always been close friends, but I never thought of her as more than my neighbor. Anthony, my best friend, asked her out the summer after freshman year after asking me if it was okay.

It wasn't until they started dating and I had to watch them hold hands, laugh, hug and kiss that I realized it wasn't as okay as I thought. I realized I had feelings for her.

I forced myself to push those feelings aside, trying to convince myself they weren't real. Sure, Y/N and I were friends and hung out more than normal neighbors, but that was it. I wasn't in love with her.

But the more I thought about her and how much time we spent together, I couldn't say that anymore.

When Anthony asked if I thought it would be weird for him to ask Y/N out, I should've said yes. But saying yes would've forced me to admit my feelings. So, I said no. It wasn't until winter break senior year that I realized just how much I should've said yes.

~•~

"Noah?" The sound of Y/N's shaky breath made my heart jump into my throat.

"Y/N? You okay? What's wrong?"

"I didn't know what to do... It just happened..."

"Y/N," I said calmly. "What happened?"

"My tire popped and I spun out," she finally got out.

"Are you hurt?" I said as I was already slipping my shoes on and heading towards my car.

"I'm fine," she stuttered. "Can you come pick me up?"

"Of course. Where are you?"

Once she had told me where she was, I instantly jumped in my car. "I'm on my way. I'll be there soon, okay?"

"Okay," she said, her voice soft. "Thanks, Noah."

"Of course. See you soon."

The drive there I couldn't help but wonder why she called me and not Anthony. When I pulled to where Y/N's accident had happened, I instantly saw her sitting on the sidewalk with her arms wrapped around her knees. I parked my car and ran across the street. Y/N looked up, her eyes watering when she saw me jogging towards her. She stood up and jumped into my arms.

I held her close to me as she sobbed. I ran my fingers through her hair, trying to calm her down. "It's okay," I whispered. "You're okay."

She pulled out of the hug as she took a shaky breath. I reached up and wiped away a tear that was still streaming down her cheek. "As long as you aren't hurt," I whispered. She shook her head looking up at me.

"Thanks for coming," she said, her voice soft.

"Couldn't leave my favorite girl on the side of the road." For the first time all night, she smiled.

"I see your boyfriend came to pick you up. That's great," a police officer said. We looked over to see a police woman smiling at the two of us. "Take care of her."

"I will," I said, ignoring the fact that she called me Y/N's boyfriend. The woman walked away and I turned back to see Y/N watching me.

"Come on," I said, grabbing her hand and intertwining our fingers. "I'll take you home."