162. Harrison Osterfield | Neck Bites

By : sweetlysilent | Tumblr

Pairing: Harrison Osterfield x Reader

Description: You attend to a Halloween costume party and run into someone you least expected.

Warnings: Like a few swear words?? some angst and fluff :))

Word Count: 4.4k

You were scrolling through your Instagram feed, your thumb tapping twice on pictures as your eyes scanned over them. Now that it was officially October, everyone was having costume parties for Halloween. You had yet gone to one, you didn't feel like getting dressed up in an itchy costume, you'd rather stay home in your comfy attire watching a scary movie on Netflix instead.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caught your attention, causing your eyes to flicker up away from your phone to land on the person sitting in front of you. You rolled your eyes, sitting back against your chair as you clicked your phone off, placing it down on the small wooden table in front of you.

"Can I help you Laur?" You smiled innocently, crossing your arms as she squinted her eyes at you. "Actually, you can!" She smiled back, leaning her elbows on the table as she raised her eyebrows at you. "I'm not going." You shook your head, scrunching your face up as she let out an annoyed groan. "Y/N come on! It will be so much fun!" Laura whined, flailing in her seat a bit as you stifled a laugh.

"You know I don't do parties!" You stated, taking a sip of your coffee as she rolled her eyes at your response. "Just come with me this one time, please?" She pleaded, grabbing one of your hands as she pouted. "Why do I have to go? You have lots of friends." You complained, setting your cup down as she squeezed your hand. "I may have a lot of friends, but you're my best friend Y/N." Laura smiled, causing you to smile in response.

She was so cheesy sometimes.

"If I agree to go, promise me you won't drag me out to anymore parties for a while." You gave her a look, raising your pinky finger into the air as she shook her head in amusement, interlocking her pinky with yours. "Promise." She laughed, as you let out a sigh. "I'm so going to regret this." You mumbled, a faint smile on your lips as Laura smiled excitedly.

"Whose party are we going to anyways? Do I know them?" You questioned, taking a bite of your chocolate croissant, crumbs falling onto the table as Laura laughed. "Yeah you do, it's Zendaya's annual Halloween party, they're really fun, a lot of famous people attend." She grinned, watching your eyes widen as you choked on your food.

"Laur I don't fit in with those people! I'm not popular like you and everyone else." You tried to explain to her, but she waved you off. "You're more popular than you realize Y/N, you're friends with me and Z, plus you dated Harrison way back." She counted off, your eyes widening even more than before. You quickly hushed her, your face a light pink color as she laughed.

"I'm just saying Y/N, you're going to fit in more than you realize." She shrugged her shoulders, taking a bite of her cinnamon bagel. "That kind of scares me honestly, I never really thought about it like that you know?" You spoke aloud, your brows furrowed a bit as Laura chewed her bagel.

"We were friends way before you became famous so being around you a lot was just normal to me. But, once you got the role in Homecoming your popularity increased and more people started knowing who you were and who I was, so I guess I got used to people knowing me because I'm friends with you, but I never really thought anything of it you know? Like we're best friends that's really all that matters to me, not the fame and fortune." You explained, taking another bite of your croissant, not noticing Laura's watery eyes.