59. Noah Centineo | Couldn't Take It Anymore

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr

Warning: self-harm, bullying

I froze when I saw them standing by my locker, waiting for me. It was always the same group of girls. They've been doing this since we were in middle school, since Noah hit puberty.

I've never told him this, but he is the reason I've been bullied for the past six years. The girls saw Noah and realized he was too good for me, that he was too hot to hang out with a loser like me. So, they were doing everything in their power to make me realize it too.

"Hey, Y/N." Jennifer smirked. "Where's Noah?"

"Did he not pity drive you today?" Taylor laughed.

"He had early practice," I said under my breath as I tried to get to my locker. I gasped when my bag was taken off my shoulder. Jen kicked my books across the hallway. The girls laughed as they stepped over my books and walked away.

I bit my lip as I picked up my bag and walked back over to my locker. I slowly started putting away textbooks and grabbing the books I needed for class.

"There's my girl."

I jumped when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I felt Noah put his head on my shoulder, his breath tickling my ear. I looked over my shoulder to see him smiling at me. When I looked down the hallway, I saw the girls glaring at us.

I cleared my throat as I walked out of his embrace. I finished putting things in my locker and closed it. I tried to quickly walk to class but stopped when I noticed Noah standing in front of me.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I shrugged. "Why?"

"You just seem a little...off this morning."

"I'm fine, Noah. I'll see you later." I bit my lip, my eyes watering as I passed him and walked to class.

The whole morning, I thought about mine and Noah's relationship. We've been best friends since we were little, but when he started playing sports things changed. He didn't change, other people did. They treated him differently and treated me like I was his annoying shadow.

I sat at our usual lunch table, my leg bouncing as I eagerly waited for Noah. Maybe I should talk to him. I'm sure he'll understand and try to reassure me, but would it make a difference? Would he mean it?

I looked down at the scars on my wrists. I haven't cut since the summer before high school when Noah almost noticed the scars while we were swimming. At least that was true until this morning.

After I walked away from Noah this morning, I ditched first period and hid in the bathroom. I pulled out the razor that I kept in my backpack and cut my wrist. Not enough to do any damage, just enough to relieve the pain.

"Okay," he sighed. I jumped at his sudden appearance. "You have been acting weird all morning. And then when I walked up to you and said hi almost three minutes ago, you didn't even notice. What is going on with you?"

"It's nothing," I stuttered. I started to get up, but he grabbed my wrist. I gasped when his hand touched my new scars. He looked at me before slowly turning my arm over.

"Y/N," he gasped when he saw the marks on my arm. "What... What did you do?"

I pulled my hand out of his and ran.

* * * * *

I slammed my bedroom door, tears streaming down my cheeks. I slid down until my butt hit the floor and pulled my knees into my chest.