68. Noah Centineo | Running To You

By : allthingsfangirl101 | Tumblr 

Noah's POV

When you have a crush on someone and never tell them, you get to the point where all you can do is focus on that one person. There becomes a fine line between being in love with someone and stalking them.

When it comes to Y/F/N Y/L/N, I turn into a stuttering mess. We've known each other since we were in first grade. We are in that awkward stage in our friendship where we know each other but don't hang out regularly or at all.

It sometimes feels like the universe is pushing us together. We are constantly in the same classes, we seem to always sit next to each other and constantly find ourselves either in the same group or partnered together. Not that I minded. It was the only time I ever interacted with her.

"Noah? You okay?" I looked up when I felt Y/N playfully poke my arm.

"Yeah," I stuttered. I looked down at our supplies, seeing that she had already done most of our assignment. "Sorry, Y/N." I laughed awkwardly. "Just lost in thought I guess."

She sent me a small smile before turning back to our project. I watched as she easily completed it. "Can you hand me that rag? There are some excess chemicals I need to wipe off..." She slowly stopped talking when she saw the way I was looking at her.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're acting kinda weird."

I cleared my throat, looking away from her trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. "How are you so good at everything you do?"

"What?" She laughed. "I wouldn't say... I wouldn't say I was good at everything..."

"I would," I said before I could stop myself. "I just mean that... Well, you're smart, you're funny, you're incredibly sweet to everyone. You're beautiful," I said, looking up at her.

"Thanks, Noah." She smiled, her cheeks turning pink.

Is it wrong how happy I was that I had this effect on her?

I was shooting hoops at the park when I looked over and noticed Y/N's car at the intersection across the street. I smiled as she started nodding her head to whatever song was playing on her radio. She looked up just in time to see her light turn green.

Things seem to slow down as I watched a car run the red light right as Y/N went through her green light. My heart jumped into my throat as the other car t-boned Y/N.

Time sped up as Y/N's car was pushed across the intersection. I stopped breathing when her car flipped. As it faced right side up, the passenger side wrapped around the light pole. My ears were ringing as the scene settled.

I snapped out of my trance and jumped over the fence, sprinting towards Y/N. "Someone call an ambulance," I yelled as I got to her car.

"Y/N." Her name got caught in my throat when I saw her unconscious, leaning her head against the headrest. My hands shook as I reached for the handle. I had to roughly pull on the door to get it to open.

I reached up and gently tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "You're gonna be okay. I got you," I said even though she was unconscious.

I undid her seatbelt and carefully picked her up in my arms. I took a few steps away from the car and laid her down. I took off my jacket and carefully lowered her head.

My heart jumped into my throat as she slowly started to wake up. "Y/N?" I said, my voice shaky. Her eyes fluttered open as she mumbled something. "It's okay. You're going to be okay. Just hang in there. Please."

I looked up, desperately hoping to get some sign of help coming. "Noah?" I looked down when I heard Y/N say my name.

"I'm here," I said, quickly. "It's going to be okay. Just... Just hang in there."