101. Keanu Reeves | Let It Go (II)

By : ficsnroses | Tumblr

Word Count : 2996

Warnings : Lots of angst, lots of fluff. Some swearing, and very minor sexual reference.

Requested : No

Summary / Prompt : Reader and Keanu see each other for the first time in 10 months, following their *heart wrenching* split.

---

You've tried to completely repress that night from your memory. Tried to drown it, refusing to feel the absolute, sheer agony and torment ever again.

You refused to think of him holding onto you, muttering sweet, heart wrenching nothings into your ears every now and then, begging you to reconsider your decision. You refused to remember the warm, saltiness of his tears as you kissed them away, hoping they would stop once you inevitably left. You refused to remember how his hands never let go of yours the entire night, hoping that if he held long enough, placing soft kisses on your knuckles, kissing your palms, your wrists, holding them close to his face, that you would change your mind. You refused to remember the feeling of his trembling figure send vibrations through your entire body, as you rocked each other, grasping, feeling each other's skin close into the early hours of the morning when the sun would rise again, signaling the end of an era. The end of you and Keanu.

Once you had got up, finally letting go of each other, it was as if everything had changed right that second. Despite spending the entire night together, wrapped in each others arms, holding on as if your entire being depended on it, the morning had brought complete contradiction. You remember quietly packing your bags as he stood in the door way, looking down, refusing to see the reality of the situation. He couldn't bring himself to look at you leaving. His already fragile heart couldn't take it. He trailed behind you as you walked down the hallway of your shared house, the foundation of it built on memories of your time together. Pictures hung on the walls of you two, showcasing your love. Neither of you were able to look their way anymore.

As you gripped the handle of your suitcase, the gaping hole in your heart grew bigger as you noticed his lack of eye contact. Keanu had always been a man of little words, and they became even more scarce when he was hurting. Who better to know that than you? You had helped him through all the pain and sorrow he ever felt in your 7 years together, you had been his perfect remedy each and every time. But you couldn't be there for him this time. You wanted so desperately to rush into his chest, grip his delicate face in your hands and kiss him, telling him everything was going to be okay as you ran your fingers through his hair.

But you couldn't. You just couldn't.

You were both silent, at a loss for words. What was there even left to say? As you stepped foot out the door, you turned to look at Keanu once more. Perhaps, one last time. He was still looking down, avoiding eye contact. But when he did look up, you saw perhaps the worst form of pain to your heart you ever had felt.

You've tried long and hard to forget his face in that moment your eyes locked. His eyes were red, as were yours. They were pleading. They spoke a million words. You had saw your entire world in those same, earthy hued eyes for the last 7 years. Those beautiful sienna tinted, almost married with a hint of honey droplets eyes of his were once your favourite sight. Just the thought of them could send butterflies flying in a haze through your mind. But now, that once comforting thought of his beautiful, warm, brown eyes had been replaced with the pair of eyes you saw that dreadful morning. They haunted you now. They reminded you of what you lost.

Everything came crashing down that night, and it quite literally changed your entire life. You didn't realize it at the time, but your relationship with Keanu had been the most prominent part of your life for the 7 years you spent together. The 7 years you spent smitten with each other, being each other's lifelines. You left a lot of your stuff at the house you shared. You never really discussed it, but it was just his house now. You couldn't bring yourself to go back to collect the rest of your belongings. You didn't think you could face him again.