26. Tom Holland | Witch Of The Forest *

By : multific | Tumblr

Witch AU! 17th Century AU!

Summary: You always knew that no one would accept you for who and what you are, but when you meet a strange man in the woods, everything changes.

Warnings: Mentions of smut, blood

-----

Being all alone all the time had taken a toll on you.

It's not like you chose this way of life anyway. You were forced to run away from your village due to the fact that people thought you are a witch.

Which you are, but that's not the point.

You never knew who your parents were, you were an orphan, always alone, but at least in the village, you had friends. And even a crush on the blacksmith's handsome son.

Sure, you were in possession of powers that others found scary, but you never used it to harm others, if anything, you helped a lot of people. You had a happy life.

But then, the unimaginable happened.

A group of young girls claimed to be possessed by the devil and accused several local women of witchcraft. You watched many people die, part of you felt guilty, since they were killed because they were accused of something that you are.

It didn't matter if the women made sense or not, in the eyes of the men, all of their words were true. They believed them anyway. It felt like you were the only one who didn't believe them. You knew they were doing this out of jealousy or boredom.

Then trials started. Every woman was suspicious, and you knew, if you won't run, you'd die like the others. And probably even exposed.

So, you ran.

Far far away from that place with the little stuff you had.

You heard tales about a witch living in the forbidden forest. You went there and found her. Fortunately for you, she didn't have bad intentions. She lived alone because she was afraid that she would be killed because of her powers. So, she decided to live in the woods and because people were afraid of that place, no one ever came around.

She taught everything that she knew. She had many books and she taught you how to read. She was beautiful, intelligent and nothing like what you heard from people. People talk, and they say that she baths in blood to keep her skin tight and young, that's a lie, she uses a special cream that she made from herbs. People say that she seduces men and drowns them in the lake, but that's a lie also, she only leaves her house for herbs and to do the washing. People say that she dances around fire and worships Satan while naked, that's also a lie because she wears clothes while she dances.

Yes, she sold her soul to the devil, yes, she can do stuff that others cannot, yes, she can seduce all the men that's out there. Yes, she's a witch and so are you.

But she was like a mother to you.

One day, she said she would leave to collect herbs but she never came back.

You were never able to figure out if she was killed, kidnapped or she just simply left, because she had enough of you.

But that was two years ago.

And now, you were the Witch of the forest. The scary murderer who bathes in blood and dances around fire, or at least that's what people thought.

Your days were rather normal actually. And selling yourself to Satan had its perks. For example, you could use magic to grow things, to heal things and to protect your home.