83. Henry Cavill | Nerdflirt (II)

By : imnotwolverine | Tumblr

Henry Cavill x reader twoshot (2/2)

Word count: 2.768

Disclaimer: good ol' domestic fluff

Summary: I think we need to talk.

-----

'O.M.G. Did you see that? Henry Cavill, wew, what a total snack.' Jessica, your colleague came bursting into the ladies room, her head automatically flicking towards the mirror to check out her impeccable make-up.

Jessica and you had been working at Brunello's for three years now and were close knit colleagues. You worked the same shifts, had the same interests and a little gossip in the ladies room wasn't out of the question.

Today seemed to be no exception, even though it felt strange after you hadn't seen eye to eye for months as you had been stuck at home due to the Corona virus. This first day back at work sure was...strange.

Your eyes flashed back to your phone. "I think we need to talk" Talk? About what? Your eyebrows knit together as you thought this was very unusual for SirEltharin. What's with the seriousness all of a sudden? He wanted to stop the amicable thing they had going on? Did he have like a wife he never spoke of, who had found out about his new "friend"?

'Hey, what's that?' Jessica peered over at your phone, noticing you were staring a some chat message. You shrugged, quickly tucking the device back into your pocket. 'Nothing.' You smiled, stepping back a bit as Jessica stretched out her neck even further, curious by your sudden exhibition of mysterious shyness. 'Nothing? Oh come on. Show me.' She demanded, stretching out her hand. 'Mm..don't think that's wise. Corona and all?' You shrugged, knowing full well that even without the Corona virus you'd never had shown your phone to Jessica. You just knew that Jessica would have hijacked the conversation, stealing your phone for long enough to find out who the mysterious SirEltharin was.

'What's up with you today?' Jessica shook her head, her body turning back to look into the mirror and apply some new lipgloss. 'Nothing. It's just..weird to be back. I mean. It's literally been months. I haven't been home alone that long..like..ever.' You widened your eyes and also moved to look back into the mirror, your hip leaning into the sink.

'So did Henry Cavill say anything to you? I saw you standing at his table Grimmy.' Jess tried to sound only mildly interested, the brush of her lipgloss slowly gliding over her pouting lips.

'Jess..ugh..you're incorrigible.' You rolled your eyes. 'His table just wanted to order some drinks, nothing more.'

'Right. And that's why he rushed to the men's room right after you left in a hurry?' She clicked her tongue, laughing merrily. 'Highly HIGHLY doubt it.'

You knit your brows together. Was it...? No. It couldn't be. Like ..what were the chances your mysterious Insta-friend was some A-list celebrity. Ha. That'd be TOTALLY ridiculous.

'Well I highly doubt there's any correlation. I just had to use the restroom..and so did he..most probably.' You shrugged and walked back out of the ladies room, waving Jess goodbye. 'Got to go before the boss lord fires the both of us for lazying around. See ya later Jess.'

Before long you were swallowed back into the hectics of work, your feet zipping past the neatly laid out tables as you carried trays of food, your thoughts about SirEltharin easily pushed to the background.

---

One o'clock at night. Your first day back at work had been exhausting. Perhaps because your team had been slightly understaffed for the amount of guests. Perhaps because you weren't used to working together anymore after such a long hiatus. And perhaps, just maybe, you, personally, had spent a bit too much energy gawking at Henry Cavill whenever you could, his eyes meeting yours every now and then. Jess was right. He was a total snack.