145. Robert Downey Jr. | The Cat Is Out of the Bag

By : capsicletho | Tumblr

trigger: Just all around fluffff!
word count: 1928summary: AU: Robert is single and reader is an actress who is not originally from United States. Reader is one of Hollywood's leading actresses and she finally landed a role with Robert Downey Jr. The movie's casting is on 2015, but since Robert had commitments to Marvel (filming Civil War and also doing press tours), filming had to be postponed to 2016. Post-production was done by December 2016 and the release of the movie was on 2017. Everyone loved the chemistry between the two of you, but little did they know, more things are going on behind the scenes.

-----

Robert was offered a role in his friend's–the director's–new romance movie. But even if he wasn't interested, the director would love for him to become the producer of this movie. It has been a while since Robert starred in a simple romance movie; although he was intrigued, he was also a bit hesitant. But he agreed to produce it, so he thought he'd come to one of the auditions to see if he really wanted the lead role. Since he had already read the script and he had about half an hour he decided to read lines with some of the actresses.

He had already watched six actresses and read lines with three until you came in. He decided to read lines with you too, and after a few lines he was actually pleased with the chemistry sparking between the two of you. He also purposely did a few improvisations, and he was impressed by how you were able to keep up.

Just after you left, Robert said to the director, "I'm in if she's in." And just like that, you were his new co-star and your life changed in a whirlwind after that.

You were standing in front of the mirror, holding your hair up as your stylist clasped the dainty gold necklace around your neck, when there's a knock on the door followed by a notice from a stage crew, "Five minutes to Mr. Downey's air, Miss (Y/L/N)." Although you were joining Robert for the interview after his individual one with Ellen, you told the crew you needed to see him before he went on.

"I'll be right there," you called. You exited the room soon after and saw Robert already standing in the backstage area, talking to a crew.

"Hey," he greeted you, giving your cheek a kiss.

This was the second interview that will promote the movie just before the it is released in theatres, and you and Robert both were invited to the Ellen Show. Although it wasn't your first time being here, you still get nervous on talk shows–afraid you're going to say something you shouldn't or trip when you enter.

"Nervous?" He asked.

"A tiny bit, but nothing I can't handle," you smiled as you slipped something into the inner pocket of his suit jacket and winked. He smiled knowingly, and then Ellen announced Robert's name. He walked into the studio and you sat down on the chair provided while you watched him have the interview, talking about his personal life, work, and his take on this movie as producer and lead role. Then after it was done, they went to commercial break.

After they were back, Ellen finally announced your name. You gathered your confidence and walked out of the backstage, waving at the audience and gave Ellen a hug and kiss before Robert, and then sat down on the sofa next to him.

"Hi! Good to see you!" Ellen began.

"Good to see you. Thank you for having me," you replied.

"Yeah, glad to be here too," Robert joined in, earning a small laugh from the audience.

"So, you two are here to promote the movie. Tell us what the movie is about," she prompted.

"You wanna take this?" Robert asked you.