79. Timothee Chalamet | Time Stands Still - soulmate au

By : princechalamet | Tumblr

Soulmate au) Timothée Chalamet x Reader (Whereby time freezes at the touch of two soulmates)

-----

You huffed, it was a cold day in New York and you were certainly not wearing a thick enough jacket for the freezing temperatures. Hurried business suits and groups of teenagers brushed past you, only causing your frustration to rise. Currently, you were on your way to any coffee shop you could find, sent on a mission to retrieve hot beverages for the cast and crew of the set you were working on.

Your father had worked his magic and his charm, managing to get you an internship as an apprentice on the camera crew. Photography and film was one of your many passions, and the opportunity to work on such a big set excited you. However, it wasn't all fun and games, as being the intern meant you had to do all the menial tasks. Hence, the early morning coffee trip.

You finally entered a small coffee shop, the busy workers and baristas still setting up behind the counter. The smell of strong coffee and sweet hot buns hit your senses, making your knees slightly weak. You pulled your coat tighter around your frame, glad for the warmth that the coffee shop provided.

After some anxiety over remembering what coffee's to order, the struggle of balancing them all, and then the venture back into the cold streets, you had finally made it back to the film set. "Thanks Y/N!" Andy (another of the crew) beamed, picking up a coffee as you set them down. "No problem" you smiled, trying not to show the tiredness behind your eyes. This job was your dream, but it really was demanding. "We are about to shoot the first scene of the day, come on and we will show you how we film" Andy said, sipping on his coffee as he walked back over to the main set.

You made your way over and stood beside the camera crew, as they began talking you through how they would be filming. Your eyes wandered over to the actors, a small smile making its way to your lips. Timothée Chalamet, one of the lead's, stood on set as he spoke to his co-star. You admired his work and his talent, absolutely ecstatic when you found out you would be on set for his film. Maybe you had a small crush on him. But you hadn't even spoken to him once, only did you admire from afar the passion he brought to the screen.

After multiple takes of the scene, watching Timothée act beautifully and observe how the camera crew worked, you were able to take a short break. You walked over to the snack table, not really hungry but unsure of what else to do.

"Hey, you're an intern on the camera crew right?" A voice came from behind you, startling you slightly. You spun around, coming face to face with the curly haired actor. A shade of rose tinted your cheeks, suddenly you felt embarrassed being so close to him. "Hi, yeah I am, so much information to take in" you laughed, playing with the ends of your hair. Timothée chuckled and nodded, his curly hair bouncing as he did so. "I'm Timothée by the way, sorry you aren't working with a bigger actor and you get stuck with this guy" he joked depreciatively, sticking out his hand for you to shake. You shook your head, "not a disappointment at all," you smiled, "I'm Y/N" you replied as you took his hand in yours.

Suddenly a bolt of electricity shot through your arm, penetrating your veins. You jumped back, slightly astonished by the shock. Timothée quite obviously had experienced the same, both of your eyes widening at what just happened. "Did you feel that too?" He asked incredulously, as you nodded your head vigorously. "Either you just gave me a massive electric shock or some weird shit is happening" you laughed, as Timothée's eyes darted around the set. "I think it's the second, some weird shit is definitely happening" he spoke, pointing his hand to the director who was in mid walk, completely stiff like a statue.

"What the hell?" You questioned, noticing that every single person on set was frozen still, complete silence pouring over the room. "You're seeing this too?" Timothée asked you, as he approached a cast member currently stuck in mid laugh. "Everyone completely frozen still? Yes I see that" you responded, peering at a crew member who was in mid coffee spill, the contents of the hot drink also frozen in mid air, like it was just about to hit the ground.