163. Jai Courtney/Eric | On The Run

By : sparklemichele | Tumblr

"Y/N? Y/N?"
You snapped out of your thoughts and looked over at Tris.
"Yeah?" you answered as you pushed your food around your plate.
"You thinking about him?" Tris asked. You held back your tears as Eric was always on your mind.
"Yes." You whispered. Tris leaned over the table and put her hand over yours.
"You can always go back to him Y/N. I won't be mad at you."
"I don't know who he is anymore Tris. After what he did to you, Four and Abnegation. He is not the same man I fell in love with."
"But you still love him."
"Yes. I will always love him. He was my first everything."
Tris nodded her head understanding as she glanced over to her love Four. You ate mostly in silence as you glanced around at the serene location at Amity. They were kind enough to let you, Tris, Four, Caleb and Peter stay after running for your lives as Jeanine framed your best friend and other Dauntless for the attack on Abnegation. After lunch, you went to do your chores in the fields and you found your thoughts back at Dauntless. Eric did try to protect you from the disastrous impending events but you were hard headed and did not do as he asked you to do. You had to protect your best friend.

Few days earlier.

"Y/N. I need you to not go back to the dorms tonight and stay in my apartment all day tomorrow." Eric told you as he undressed out of his Dauntless attire and changed into his lounge clothes. You sat up in bed as you fell asleep waiting for him to come home.
"Why?"
Eric crawled into bed before he answered.
"Something will be happening tomorrow and I don't want you a part of it." He told you pulling you into his arms.
"Well what about Tris and Four?" you asked looking up at him concern for your friends.
Eric's lip curled into a slight snarl at the mention of Four. Eric did not understand why you were so close to Tris and Four.
"They will be fine." He lied and you saw right through him. You were about to call him on it but his lips came crashing down on yours and he made love to you all night exhausting you to the point where you forgot to bring up the subject again. The next day you were going stir crazy in Eric's apartment and you snuck out to see what was going on. You looked down at the pit and saw all Dauntless members getting shots in the neck with a type of syringe gun. What was going on you thought to yourself. You had a bad feeling. You needed to find Tris to warn her. You gasped when you saw your man walk up to Tris and give her a shot. It was too late. Dammit! You should have gone to warn her last night after Eric went to sleep. Eric must have felt your presence because he looked right up at you. The look in his eyes caused you to step back. Eric shook his head back and forth slightly in warning to you and you quickly headed back to his apartment. You were about to enter his apartment when Max and another leader walked around the corner.
"Initiate did you get your shot?" Max asked walking up to you with a syringe in his hand. Before you could answer he stuck your neck and you felt liquid shoot in your neck. Shit! You rubbed at your neck as you watch Max and the leader walk away. When they were gone, you let yourself into Eric's apartment.
You sat down on the couch rubbing the sore area where you were stuck. What was the liquid? Why were they giving all of Dauntless shots?
A few hours later Eric walked into the apartment and without a word walked up to you in the kitchen, grabbed your chin, moved your head side to side as he looked for a sign of you receiving a shot. You heard him gasp as he saw the faint bruise where you received your shot.
"Y/N....I told you to stay in the apartment." For the first time you heard fear in his voice. "My God...why didn't you listen to me?"
"What's going on Eric?" he was scaring you. Eric shook his head not answering you. How was he going to protect you from what was going to happen tomorrow? He did not want you a part of it. He could stay with you tomorrow to make sure you did not leave the apartment a mindless solider but he knew he was needed by Jeanine and Max. Why didn't you just listen to him?! Eric pulled you into a tight hug. He did not know how he was going to protect you. Eric felt as if his heart was torn from his chest. Eric stayed by your side all night and would not let you leave his sight. You were confused by his actions, as Eric was not the clingy type. If you did not know any better it was like he expected that night to be your last night together and it showed the way he slowly made love to you and held you tight all night.
The next morning you woke up with Eric standing over you in the bed fully clothed staring down at you.
"Y/N?"
You rubbed your eyes to wake up. "Yeah? What's wrong?" You sat up in bed looking up at him with a confused look on your face.
"You are Divergent?" Eric whispered as a look of shock displayed on his handsome face. Your mouth fell open. How did he know? Only Tris and Four knew as they were also Divergent. Eric fell to his knees and grabbed both of your hands into his.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Hurt displayed in his eyes.
Because Four told me not too. You would never tell Eric that as it would hurt him that you trusted Four with that sensitive information rather than him.
"I didn't know how you would react. I heard of awful things they do to Divergents. Eric are you going to hurt me?" You held your breath waiting for his answer. Eric frowned at your question.
"How could you ask me that? I would never harm a hair on your head. Get up and get dress. Stay here and do not come out these doors for anything."
You quickly got dress as Eric paced back and forth in the room as he tried to figure out a way to get you to safety because they might eventually find you in his apartment.
A frantic knock on Eric's door startled you.
"Hide!" he quickly whispered. "If they find you just act mindless and unemotional and do as you are told and I will come find you...do you understand?"
You frantically nodded your head and went to hide in the bathroom. You heard Eric talking to Max and then footsteps as Max entered the apartment.
"I know she is here Eric. I do not see her in line downstairs."
You hand clasped over your mouth as you stifled your gasp. They were going to find you and there was no way of getting out of it. You saw the doorknob turn on the bathroom door and just as the door open you put on an emotionless face. The door swung open and you were face to face with Max. Max eyed you for a moment as you stood staring at the wall.
"Why is she not downstairs?" Max asked Eric who came into view next to Max.
"She was just heading to the pit." Eric explained.
"Initiate down to the pit at once!" Max barked at you. Not flinching you controlled your steps and walked out the apartment to the pit. You felt Eric's gaze on you as him and Max followed behind you. You kept your head straight and lined up behind other Dauntless. You tried hard not to turn your head to look around and look for Tris and Four. You felt Eric brush your hand with his as he walked past you. You wanted to cry as Eric and Max stood in front of all the Dauntless.
"What's going on?" you heard an initiate ask as he walked into the pit. Oh no! You thought. He was Divergent. Your eyes instinctively looked at Eric and he looked at you.
"Divergent." Max said.
"I got it." Eric said.
"Hey what's going on?" the initiate you knew as Tim tapped your shoulder. You kept your head straight. Eric walked up to Tim and told him it was going to be ok just before taking his gun and shooting Tim in the head. You did not flinch as you felt warm blood spray onto your face. Your heart began to beat so hard it felt as if it was going to explode. The man you fell in love with just shot someone cold blooded right beside you. You knew at that very moment everything had changed. Nothing will go back to the way it was.