113. Chris Evans | Breathe

By : shellbilee | Tumblr

Pairing: Chris Evans x Reader

Words: 4.6K

Warnings: Swearing, angst, mentions of anxiety/anxiety attacks, fluff

Summary: Written for 1500 writing challenge. Thank you my dear, for being a real life angel and granting me an extension and being so wonderfully patient. I love you! 

-----

You tried for the third time to find your keys in your bag, letting out a frustrated sigh when you felt them with your fingers but lost them a moment later. Fuck! "Babe come on, don't you think you're being a little over dramatic? I mean it's not that big of a deal. I'll be there next time" Chris said over the phone, his words trailing off with a sigh. "Over dramatic? Seriously Chris?" you replied, blinking as if you'd just been slapped. Over dramatic? Was he serious? "Over dramatic isn't the right word, come on Y/N don't be like that. You know I suck at this shit". You took a deep breath as you felt the angry words bubble up in your throat. How dare he call you over dramatic? "How can you possibly say that I'm the one being over dramatic when you flipped the fuck out when you heard that Will was going to be there? Don't act like you didn't, I know that's the real reason you didn't show up".

There was silence on the other end and you knew you'd hit a nerve, your heart suddenly racing in your chest. "You know I don't fuckin' like him, why the fuck would I want to be there? It's so obvious that he wants you, I don't wanna sit and watch some guy try and hit on my girlfriend". You let out a heavy breath exasperated. Here we go again. "Chris, for the hundredth fucking time, there has never been anything between Will and I. He has never done anything to imply that and I have never done anything to make you believe otherwise. He is literally just an old med school friend and I have told you this time and time again". You heard Chris scoff on the other end of the line and you could tell from just listening to him that he was shaking his head in frustration. You felt the anger swell in your chest again, unable to believe that your boyfriend was being such a child as you fumbled your keys for the fourth time. "I don't know why you don't believe me Chris we've been through this a hundred times" you continued when Chris didn't say anything, "And you know what, Will is beside the point. The point is, you said you'd be there and then nothing, you don't show because you had a better offer. You knew it was important to me but it didn't matter because it wasn't important to you". You let out a frustrated yell when your keys slipped from you once again, finally giving up and turning your handbag upside down so that its contents spilled out onto the ground.

"What are you doing, what's that noise?" Chris asked, having heard the crash of your things. "Don't worry about it, stop trying to change the subject" you snapped, spotting your car keys among the clutter and bending to pick them up. You dropped to your knees and began to shovel your things back into your bag, biting back the tears as Chris continued rambling on the phone. His words fell on deaf ears and you barely heard what he was saying, focusing all of your energy on not letting Chris hear you cry. "You know what Chris? Whatever" you interrupted, standing up with your hand bag and slinging it over your shoulder, "Clearly it's not important to you and wasn't a priority otherwise you would have been here like you said and not 'staying back for a drink'. I've gotta go so I'll talk to you later. Have fun at the event, I'll see you when I see you".

You didn't even wait for his response before you hit the hang up button, letting out a frustrated sigh as you dropped your phone into your handbag. You let out a heavy breath through your nose and blinked in an effort to stop the sting of tears, running your fingers through your hair and turning so that your back was against the door. Your heart raced and you looked down at the ground, silently cursing yourself when you felt a tear slip down your face. Fucking hell. It had finally happened. Ten and a half months in to the most amazing relationship you'd ever been in. Your first fight. Your first fight with the love of your life. You knew it would happen eventually, but you'd just assumed when it happened it would be about something much worse. You sighed and reached up to wipe the tears from your cheek, feeling a heavy, stabbing feeling in your chest. It had finally happened. You'd finally had your first real fight with Chris.