12. Chris Evans | Good Choice (I)

By : multific | Tumblr

Request: I know your requests are closed but l was wondering if at all possible l could request a one shot of the reader is a single mother and has been a couple dates with Chris Evans and is about to tell him about her 3yr old daughter but she scared to the point if tears bc every other guy has left. He surprises her by hugging & saying he's not going anywhere. That he is excited to meet her when reader is ready.

-️----

Emily.

She is your everything. You didn't plan on getting pregnant but you were happy you did. Her father was out of the picture a long time before she was born.

People often said that she looked exactly like you and even behaved like you. She was such a sweet, innocent and kind child.

The moment you held her for the first time, you promised to her, that she will be always your first. And you kept that promise.

But recently you started to date people. You had many first dates with guys, you always started with telling them about your daughter and even after the mention of a child, many ran away. They broke your heart, but after some time it became annoying.

Everything changed when you met with Chris. He was the sweetest, most caring and charming guy you have ever met. You didn't want him to lose his interest in you, so you didn't tell him about Emily.

You didn't keep it a secret either. You planned on telling him later in the relationship, maybe on the fourth, fifth date, if you had that many.

And you did.

But the time came. You knew you had to tell him. And you had to do it today.

"Mommy Mommy! Where are you going?" Emily asked as she watched you getting ready. You were almost done, you just had to get your shoes, and you would be off.

"I have to meet with someone, Sweety. I will be back later, so please listen to Jessica and go to bed in time, ok?" you asked as you crouched down to her level.

"Promise, Mommy." she said and smiled at you. You loved that sweet smile of hers. You told about the rules to Jessica, the baby sitter, a friend of yours recommended her. She nodded and even wrote notes of your words. You were certain she will be a good person to trust your child with.

You gave one last kiss to Emily and you were off.

You parked near the restaurant and walked inside. In there you saw Chris sitting at a table playing with the salt and pepper. You giggled and walked over to him. He noticed you coming and he got up from his chair.

"Hey." you said as he kissed your cheek.

"Hi. You look stunning, (Y/N)."

"Thank you. You look really good too." he always did. Now, he was wearing a simple blue button-down with jeans, but that man looked incredible in everything.

The date went well, the food was good and probably you just drank the world's best virgin cocktail. Chris was smiling at you the whole time and it made you even more nervous. You felt like you will lose him, like you did with the others. As soon as they learnt that you have a child, they disappeared and you didn't want Chris to do the same, but you had to tell him. Now or never.

You didn't realized that he was talking, you felt like you will either cry or pass out.

"I have to tell you something." you said suddenly. Stopping Chris in mid-sentence. But he wasn't mad. He could see that something wasn't quite right with you. So he prepared himself. Did you want to stop meeting with him?

"Yes?" he tried to hide the fact that his heart just dropped and smiled sweetly.

"I....I...You see I am a..."God damn it (Y/N)! Just say it! "I have a child."

Silence.

Chris froze but as soon as he did, he came back to present.

"That's.....Okay I didn't expect that. But I'm fine with it." he said and grabbed your hand on the table.

"Really?" you were beyond shocked. You thought you might hear the same excuse. "I don't think this would work." and all that.

"Yes. Tell me about him or her. I love children!"

"Her name is Emily, she is three."

"Oh, a girl! Nice. She must be as beautiful as you are." you didn't know want to say. You simply blushed and looked at his hand holding yours. You gave his a squeeze.

"Thank you." you said a tear nearly escaping your eye.

"Oh come on! She is your daughter, of course she is as beau-" but you didn't let him finish.

"No! Thank you for not running away." he smiled

"Of course. I would never! So, tell me, can I meet with her? I would love to get to know the child of the woman I love." your eyes went wide. Love?

Without thinking you leant over and kissed him, he kissed back.

"Do you...Do you really want to meet with her?" you asked as you pulled back and sat in your chair again.

"Of course! I told you before, I love children. I will get something nice to her. I hope she will like me. You said her name is Emily right? What a beautiful name!" his excitement made you laugh a little.

"Emily yes. And please don't buy her anything. She has enough toys already, I can hardly keep her room all clean."

You were so glad.

So glad that a man like him fell in love with you.

So glad that you fell for him as well.

You kept on talking about Emily since Chris had many questions about her. And as you saw the park in his as when you talked about Emily, you knew, you made a good choice.