85. Jacob Elordi | ABCDEFU

By : storiesforallfandoms | Tumblr

word count: 1697

request?: no

description: in which she sees him for the first time since their bad break up and things go about as well as you'd expect

pairing: jacob elordi x female!reader

warnings: swearing

-----

Maybe I should've expected to see Jacob. My manager had already warned me that the whole cast of Euphoria would be there. They were also nominated for numerous awards, of course they'd be there. That included Jacob, the show's (and my) main antagonist.

What I didn't expect was to see Jacob stood on stage just before I was about perform, with a mic in his hand and a clearly fake smile on his face.

"This next performer is definitely one to keep an eye on," Zendaya was saying. "Her debut single reached number one within its first week, and has been topping the charts ever since."

"Her next single is one of the most anticipated single of 2022," Jacob picked up. To anyone watching, they'd think he was just reading from the teleprompter, but I could hear the strain in his voice as he was speaking. "Unfortunately, you'll be waiting a little longer."

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for (Y/S/N)!"

I should've been freaking out. I mean, the Zendaya just said my name! But it was hard to get excited when I was still focused on my ex stood right next to her.

At least it made me angry enough to give the most passionate performance of the song I wrote about him.

I could hardly blame the producers. It wasn't like anyone even knew Jacob and I dated. It was before I had even gotten into music and Jacob had just gotten cast in the first Kissing Booth movie. I was so proud of him when he got the call. I visited set nearly every day, I ran lines with him before the first day of shooting, I supported him every step of the way.

And he broke up with me just before they wrapped filming.

Two months later, he was spotted getting cozy with Joey King, his Kissing Booth co-star.

I was upset and angry to say the least. That's when I got serious about music and songwriting.

So maybe I should've been thanking Jacob for fueling my fire to start my music career. Instead, when I walked off stage and found the familiar tall boy waiting for me, I was rendered speechless. We just looked at each other, neither speaking, as people around me tried to congratulate me on my performance.

"Hey," Jacob finally said. "You were great out there."

"Thanks," I said, trying to keep my voice as icy as possible.

I tried to walk past him, but he put a hand out to stop me. "Wait, (Y/N). I want to talk."

"Everything I have to say was said on stage tonight."

"I know, but I have some things I feel like I should talk to you about."

I was reluctant to follow him, but I had a feeling I should listen to whatever he had to say. At least so I could tell him to fuck off afterwards.

I followed him through the backstage area. His tall stature made it easy to push through the crowds of people. But being so much shorter than him made it hard to keep up. Or maybe that was just me not wanting to follow him wherever he was taking me.