184. Tom Holland | Soulmates (III)

By : hollandandi | Tumblr

"TWO SHOTS OF PEPPERMINT, PLEASE."

summary; soulmates were pretty obvious in this day and age, there were no countdowns or visions anymore - your name just appeared on their skin, it was as easy as that. right?

wow...the final part! is this tom or peter? this au is soulmate!tom, and the word count of this piece came to 2.2k. it's pretty fluffy, and the warnings are that this is purely fictional - don't take it too seriously!

------

As you made your swift exit from the restaurant, the typical winter chill hit your legs like consistent elastic band snaps - causing small pangs of freeze to work up your skin - eventually landing upon your finger-tips. Instinctively, you shoved your hands within your pockets, and let out a gentle sigh; the cold being visible within the tense air you were making your way through. You had hoped the night would be like a fairy-tale; and yes, you had not known the brunette for a long period of time - but he was your soulmate. It felt different - unusual, but permanent, so you were still unsure why your feet were moving away from the Italian restaurant that had been chosen for the two of you. You were still unsure why there was an uninvited guest there - who was particularly rude to say the least, and was unsure why Tom would even date her in the first place.

As the thoughts raced through your mind - you chose to shake them off, attempting to be the bigger person and focusing on your own feelings, and well, future. Your feet moved slowly through your streets, making contact with the concrete softly whenever you lifted a leg to continue - and you thought of topics from what show on television you have probably missed tonight, to what you were now going to have for dinner. The brunette kept creeping into the ideas, though - and suddenly, you wished you had stayed within the busy food service, just to spend a few more minutes with him. Your mind ran to his dark-brown eyes that reminded you of the hot-chocolate you both initially bonded over; and as you began trapped in your memory of the boy, you felt a pressured tap on your right shoulder.

"Y/N,' The brunette spluttered out, slightly out of breath from attempting to catch up with you as quick as possible. Your eyes widened at the sight, but a smile brushed across your face once you realised who the mystery attention-grabber was - turning your body towards him fully, allowing him to continue with his intended conversation.

"You're fucked up, Jen. We are done; 'terminé', 'hecho' - completely, and utterly, over. Stop bothering my life for one bloody minute and get someone else - I don't want, or need this anymore." The boy exclaimed frantically - pushing his right hand through his curled locks with some added force, his eyebrows furrowed out of stressful thoughts. His left hand tapped regularly against his leg in an anxious habit - his mind racing to where you now were, and what you were now thinking about him. He didn't want this, and he certainly did not ask for it - but his ex-girlfriend was excessive, perhaps even obsessive - and he was still struggling to make her understand the new boundaries he had presented to her. Luckily, however; he had a loyal best-friend to his name, who decided to take personal matters into his own, pale hands. "Tom, mate - go check on her," He began, a soft smile pressed against his lips as he nodded - further emphasising the suggestion he was presenting to the table - and the brunette needed little convincing. As soon as the last word emerged from Harrison's lips - the boy had left; the glass door of the Italian restaurant swinging side to side as it's movements drew to a close.

"Now for you," Harrison attempted to continue, moving his right hand to the girl's arm, in a gentle, but stern grip. He parted his lips again to speak - and tell her to ultimately, get lost, but instead, he was interrupted by a loud, sharp gasp and a frantic look from the girl he was holding. "Did you feel what I just did?" She questioned quickly, attempting to pull her arm from his grasp to confirm her suspicions that were now running laps inside her mind. The best-friend looked heavily confused, his eyes wandering across her panicked, but excited face as he shook his head - unsure of what she was connoting with her question - that was until, an ear-piercing squeal came from the girl's lips, and he saw her sleeve rolled up in a swift push - his name beginning to appear across her tanned skin.